D&D 5E WotC Customer Support on the availability of Bigby Presents: Glory of the Giants with updated art

When D&D Beyond replaced the AI art in Glory of the Giants, it didn't come with an announcement from WotC or any word on if/when the published books would be using the new art. I reached out to customer support to ask, and I thought people might be interested in the response I got.

My question:

Hello,

I saw on a few forums yesterday that the AI enhanced art from Bigby Presents:Glory of the Giants was replaced on D&D Beyond with new art, and it looks great! I was wondering if/when the physical books would have this replacement art, as well as if there's a way to verify that the book I buy will have the new art if I order online from the D&D store or Amazon.

Their response:

Thanks for contacting Wizards of the Coast Customer Support. I definitely understand wanting to get the newer iteration of Bigby Presents: Glory of the Giants!

However, Customer Support is unable to say with certainty when stock for our online retailers like Amazon and our store will have cycled through the stock with the old art, since it is allocated to several warehouses across the world. Due to this, unfortunately, we're unable to ensure or advise that the newest edition of that book without A.I. art will be the one received. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but thank you for your understanding in this matter.

That said, we would recommend taking this question to your local Wizards Play Network Store as they can be useful when investigating these sorts of questions since they typically have "hands-on" product available to review in-store or at a more individual level before purchasing!

I wish there was a way to buy online and know you'd get the updated art, but in short, it seems like you have to buy in person for now if you want to verify you get the non-AI art.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
If budget allows I'd suggest getting one of each: the 'fixed' one to use day-to-day and the AI one to stash away: it's pretty much ironclad that the AI version will someday become a collectible, and worth far more than you'll pay for it today.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
When D&D Beyond replaced the AI art in Glory of the Giants, it didn't come with an announcement from WotC or any word on if/when the published books would be using the new art. I reached out to customer support to ask, and I thought people might be interested in the response I got.

My question:

Their response:

I wish there was a way to buy online and know you'd get the updated art, but in short, it seems like you have to buy in person for now if you want to verify you get the non-AI art.
About two weeks ago I received the Spelljammer slipcase as a gift, bought from Amazon, and it still had the minstrel show art and racist description of the hadozee. It might be some time before they cycle through the first version and get the second in distribution.

Remove ads