EN World Xenforo 2.2 is coming with some major upgrades

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The core Xenforo software we use here is getting a major update from the developer. Here’s a look at what’s new. Note it’s still in beta, so it’s not quite here yet.

We are delighted to announce that XenForo 2.2.0 Beta 1 is now available to all customers with active licenses. XenForo 2.2 includes a large number of new features and improvements, including:

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Is the "forum and threads types system" the same sort of thing there was recently a discussion about?

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
You can click on the links for a more detailed explanation. At this stage, you know as much as I do.

I completely didn't grok those were links. Explains why they look different, though. Derp. Sorry.

CapnZapp

Legend
@prabe I believe it's safe to assume no major new functionality will happen unless Morrus decides to activate it. That is, I can't imagine Xenforo shoving threaded views (=the forked discussions you had in mind) down site administrators' throats without explicit buy-in. After all, Morrus is a paying customer.

Article type posts sound like something that would ENWorld quite well (not sure about questions and suggestions).
However, it seems such a thing is more or less already in place (articles that appear on the front page are already formatted differently and stay at the top). So is this currently a custom implementation?

Remove ads