• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

XP movement?

I'm not complaining...just making sure things are working as they should be.

I've gotten xp recently (and over the last several weeks/months) and haven't "levelled"...and I'm not sure (haven't payed close enough attention) if I've gotten xp for the "who has the most xp" page.

If everything is cool, then great! Keep on keepin' on.

But thanks for checking into it.

-Aberzanzorax.

Wow, was I unclear!...I was posting....um, a bit "buzzed" last night.

My question was meant to be: is there a way to determine the break points for xp levels? e.g. I'm spellbinder, lvl 16. 771 xp.

Is there a way to determine when (how much xp) I would level up to lvl 17 ahead of time?

(I wrote the original post after having a fair bit of xp recently, and was wondering if I was somehow "stuck" in the system at level 16...I'm not somuch worried about that now -in a clearer moment, cough.- I had thought that my 771 was the same as a couple months ago. Now, I'm pretty sure that's not the case.)

And, no, XP's not a huge deal, of course, but it's a little thrill to level up, and I had been worried that I was somehow "getting" xp without it being applied.

delericho

Legend
I believe the XP level progression uses the same values as 4e, divided by 1000 (or 100, I'm not sure). Of course, that raises the question - when 5e hits, will the numbers be changed? :)

That means that as you rise through the levels they really start to crawl - both because the gaps between them grow ever larger, but also because all the people who have XP'ed you in the past start finding they can't give you XP again until they've spread it out some more.

(Or, at least, that's what I tell myself about being stuck at 17 for an age. :) )

Remove ads