• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
So if there's a spelling error in a display that is probably coming down soon anyway, do you point it out to the person who put it up, or just leave it? (If it was me and it was going to be up a long time I'd want to fix it, but if it's near the end of its life I think I would rather go on obliviously).

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
So if there's a spelling error in a display that is probably coming down soon anyway, do you point it out to the person who put it up, or just leave it? (If it was me and it was going to be up a long time I'd want to fix it, but if it's near the end of its life I think I would rather go on obliviously).
It depends on whether they'd be able to fix it if they wanted to. And maybe also what the spelling error and display are.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
It depends on whether they'd be able to fix it if they wanted to. And maybe also what the spelling error and display are.

A card in a library display case that probably won't get much traffic or many people that notice the error before it comes down this summer at some point (it's an authors name and the display case is off to the side).

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
A card in a library display case that probably won't get much traffic or many people that notice the error before it comes down this summer at some point (it's an authors name and the display case is off to the side).
Ah, I feel like I'd let that go. They may know and have already done the math on fixing it.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Ah, I feel like I'd let that go. They may know and have already done the math on fixing it.

I went back and fixed it in the version I shared someplace so that it isn't saved online for posterity...

One I did go correct when I was a student was when a building on campus was having its hundredth anniversary coming up, and they were off on one of the years by 10. It was the math department's building. (I did keep one for myself).

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Also, I'm sorry that people were mean to you -- checking the math -- 40 years ago. They don't deserve to continue living in your head rent-free, though.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Also, I'm sorry that people were mean to you -- checking the math -- 40 years ago. They don't deserve to continue living in your head rent-free, though.

If you rolled for psionics and were really bad at it though...

But seriously, I wonder how much better the world would be if there were an easy way to remove things living rent-free in our heads from ages ago.

Remove ads