• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which Greyhawk in D&D 2024

Which version of Greyhawk should D&D 2024 use?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I think it would be less of a headache to put the setting in "the present" and not a point in Oerth's past where there's a canon future already laid out for it. 600 CY is a nice round number and a good indicator that things are moving into a new era.

I think it'll receive a similar treatment as FR did with 5e - the timeline will be moved forward, but the setting feel and details will be changed to be more in line with earlier versions. I'm not talking mechanics (I fully expect dwarven wizards and tieflings to appear, and happily), but they are more likely to move things back to how they were before From the Ashes in feel.

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I think it'll receive a similar treatment as FR did with 5e - the timeline will be moved forward, but the setting feel and details will be changed to be more in line with earlier versions. I'm not talking mechanics (I fully expect dwarven wizards and tieflings to appear, and happily), but they are more likely to move things back to how they were before From the Ashes in feel.
I would bet on all of this.

Remove ads