Wanna See Some Awesome GIANTSLAYER Art?

There's some art from Paizo's latest Pathfinder adventure path, Giantslayer, over at Geek Native. Paizo's Erik Mona says "Giantslayer is a return to the blood-and-thunder, sword-and-sorcery roots of the Pathfinder RPG. Our last few campaigns have jumped from world to world, cast the heroes and super-legendary über-heroes fighting off a demon invasion, and other madness. Giantslayer tells an epic fantasy story against epic villains that helps players and GMs get back to basics in the most ass-kickingest way we know how.!

Hope over to Geek Native for more!

Giantslayer-1.jpg

Giantslayer-2.jpg

I lke the toonier one better - it pretty much is what it is (but get rid of the faux Final Fantasy sword).

The first one would be more interesting if light sources were fixed and the giant's tusks socketed into his skull.

Minsc

Explorer
I like both, but prefer the first as well.

The only, extremely minor thing I haven't liked in PF art, is a lot of it featuring oversized weapons.

mosaic

Explorer
The only, extremely minor thing I haven't liked in PF art, is a lot of it featuring oversized weapons.

I can't speak to all oversized weapons in Pathfinder art, but in the case Amiri (the iconic barbarian in the second picture above), there's actual backstory as to why her sword is oversized. It's a trophy from a frost giant she killed in revenge for the destruction of her village. If you look at her stats, she uses it with a penalty for being oversized and can only use it effectively when raging. One can certainly question which came first, the backstory or the oversized-sword-art, but like I said, at least that has an in-world reason to exist.

casterblaster

First Post
The first one is awesome and mature. The second is good but I don't really care for the dungeon punk cartoon look and is why I could never take PF seriously.

NewJeffCT

First Post
I like the first one quite a bit, but think the tusks look a bit weird - agree with lynn above, they would have worked better in a different location. The orcs are almost too green for my tastes as well. Like the scene in the second one, but it's a bit too colorful for my tastes.

Jhaelen

First Post
I can't speak to all oversized weapons in Pathfinder art, but in the case Amiri (the iconic barbarian in the second picture above), there's actual backstory as to why her sword is oversized. It's a trophy from a frost giant she killed in revenge for the destruction of her village. If you look at her stats, she uses it with a penalty for being oversized and can only use it effectively when raging. One can certainly question which came first, the backstory or the oversized-sword-art, but like I said, at least that has an in-world reason to exist.
Good for them they provided an explanation, but I still hate how it looks.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases