[UPDATED AGAIN!] PRINCES OF THE APOCALYPSE - First Review!

The first comments on Princes of the Apcalypse are in. Fildrigar is the first to rate and comment on the adventure in EN World's ratings system, and gives it a score of 5/5. The adventure doesn't technically hit the shelves until April 7th (or March 27th - next Friday - in preferred stores), so I'm not sure how Fildrigar got hold of one, but there it is!

The first comments on Princes of the Apcalypse are in. Fildrigar is the first to rate and comment on the adventure in EN World's ratings system, and gives it a score of 5/5. The adventure doesn't technically hit the shelves until April 7th (or March 27th - next Friday - in preferred stores), so I'm not sure how Fildrigar got hold of one, but there it is!

[UPDATE -- the author has deleted his review.]

UPDATE 2 -- he has kindly reposted it!

Click on the image below, read the comment, and as soon as you get your copy be sure to rate and comment on it yourself!

image.jpg

JTorres

First Post
p.s. The adventure also includes an eight page appendix with ideas for setting the adventure in worlds besides the Forgotten Realms.

Now that's interesting! I wonder if adding this appendix was a response to gamers who were upset because of the move of an Elemental Evil adventure from Oerth to Faerun or if it was planned for the beginning to be ported over to whatever setting a DM wanted. Either way, if these big APs are the new norm for WotC, I hope they continue adding these appendices.

Saxon1974

Explorer
Not sure why but having a hard time getting interested in this. I loved getting modules for becmi and ad&d back in the day and reading through them but these newer hard book style releases kind of bore me. Maybe it'd nostalgia. I prefer the old style of modules that were 30 pages or so in a fold out cover with big fold out maps over these long story style hardbacks.

Not sure why but having a hard time getting interested in this. I loved getting modules for becmi and ad&d back in the day and reading through them but these newer hard book style releases kind of bore me. Maybe it'd nostalgia. I prefer the old style of modules that were 30 pages or so in a fold out cover with big fold out maps over these long story style hardbacks.
Shorter attention spans of the modern world?

JohnnyZemo

Explorer

I enjoy everything from the old TSR modules to the current Pathfinder Adventure Paths, but I think this particular adventure sounds boring. It's got four dungeons that (going from this review) are all essentially the same. Also, element-based foes are just by nature less interesting than dragons or liches. It's possible that the authors of this adventure have found some way to make the bad guys more interesting, but the review doesn't really make that clear. I wish the reviewer was a little more clear about why he thinks this adventure was good enough to rate five stars.

I've grown to like published adventures, especially large ones with a plot. Because I can essentially run through them twice: once in my head as I read through the module, and once as my group plays it. That's some good value.

Remove ads

Remove ads