[UPDATED AGAIN!] PRINCES OF THE APOCALYPSE - First Review!

The first comments on Princes of the Apcalypse are in. Fildrigar is the first to rate and comment on the adventure in EN World's ratings system, and gives it a score of 5/5. The adventure doesn't technically hit the shelves until April 7th (or March 27th - next Friday - in preferred stores), so I'm not sure how Fildrigar got hold of one, but there it is!

The first comments on Princes of the Apcalypse are in. Fildrigar is the first to rate and comment on the adventure in EN World's ratings system, and gives it a score of 5/5. The adventure doesn't technically hit the shelves until April 7th (or March 27th - next Friday - in preferred stores), so I'm not sure how Fildrigar got hold of one, but there it is!

[UPDATE -- the author has deleted his review.]

UPDATE 2 -- he has kindly reposted it!

Click on the image below, read the comment, and as soon as you get your copy be sure to rate and comment on it yourself!

image.jpg

jamesjhaeck

Explorer
The sandbox-style of this adventure path gives me a lot of hope. I'm having a blast running Tyranny of Dragons, but the most enjoyable parts have been the ones that I've created and inserted myself, using villains and factions from other parts of the adventure. PotA seems like it's right up my alley.

pming

Legend
Hiya.

Not sure why but having a hard time getting interested in this. I loved getting modules for becmi and ad&d back in the day and reading through them but these newer hard book style releases kind of bore me. Maybe it'd nostalgia. I prefer the old style of modules that were 30 pages or so in a fold out cover with big fold out maps over these long story style hardbacks.

Ditto. I've even stated this multiple times through various threads on these very boards.

That said, I feel a bit of a weight has been lifted from my shoulders; I was worried they'd just screw it up in some hodge-podge "recreation" of T1-4. I'm happily surprised that they just took it as a base and used it to basically (from the sounds of it) create a whole new adventure. I can totally see some DM having done this sort of thing with it already in some game of ages past. After all, T1-4 is a pretty meaty adventure book.

Hard back adventures though? Nope. Forget it. I'm not paying $50 for something I probably would only use once. Actually, this brings me to a question:

Does anyone know how "replayable" this adventure is? I've ran the original T1-4 about a half-dozen times since it came out and I bought it (it's been so well-used the cover is getting hard to make out!)... Homlet, the Moathouse Ruins, Nulb, etc, etc... Even with the same group of people (more or less), each time we have a different story with the T1-4 story pretty much being the 'background setting' for all the roleplaying and character development. Is this new one just as "open" and "reusable"? Or are there huge swaths of "secret story reveals" that pretty much make it a one-timer?

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Uchawi

First Post
Not sure why but having a hard time getting interested in this. I loved getting modules for becmi and ad&d back in the day and reading through them but these newer hard book style releases kind of bore me. Maybe it'd nostalgia. I prefer the old style of modules that were 30 pages or so in a fold out cover with big fold out maps over these long story style hardbacks.
I agree.

graves3141

First Post
Sounds like a great adventure and I'm definitely getting it. Can we get a confirmation on the page count of the book? I'm sure it's between 256 and 320 but I'd love to know the exact number.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Back in the day I'd buy adventures just to read, even if I didn't intend to run them. But at 50 bucks a pop? NO WAY! (Don't have a group, so that's all I could do with it.)

jhingelshod

Explorer

I think we're just older....

Remove ads

Remove ads