• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[UPDATED AGAIN!] PRINCES OF THE APOCALYPSE - First Review!

The first comments on Princes of the Apcalypse are in. Fildrigar is the first to rate and comment on the adventure in EN World's ratings system, and gives it a score of 5/5. The adventure doesn't technically hit the shelves until April 7th (or March 27th - next Friday - in preferred stores), so I'm not sure how Fildrigar got hold of one, but there it is!

The first comments on Princes of the Apcalypse are in. Fildrigar is the first to rate and comment on the adventure in EN World's ratings system, and gives it a score of 5/5. The adventure doesn't technically hit the shelves until April 7th (or March 27th - next Friday - in preferred stores), so I'm not sure how Fildrigar got hold of one, but there it is!

[UPDATE -- the author has deleted his review.]

UPDATE 2 -- he has kindly reposted it!

Click on the image below, read the comment, and as soon as you get your copy be sure to rate and comment on it yourself!

image.jpg

pemerton

Legend
I think this particular adventure sounds boring. It's got four dungeons that (going from this review) are all essentially the same.
I don't think I'll be buying or playing the adventure - I've got a lot of material on my shelf already - but I don't know where you're getting this from.

All the review says about the dungeons is that each has a temple on the surface, a trail, tunnel, or path to get to a deeper dungeon under the hills, and then an Elemental Node. I don't see any reason to think that they're "essentially the same"!

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Morrus -- you might want to fix the title of this product in the review database. Although I really like the way Princes of the Apolocalypse sounds, there are a couple of extraneous letters in there ;)

I don't think I'll be buying or playing the adventure - I've got a lot of material on my shelf already - but I don't know where you're getting this from.

All the review says about the dungeons is that each has a temple on the surface, a trail, tunnel, or path to get to a deeper dungeon under the hills, and then an Elemental Node. I don't see any reason to think that they're "essentially the same"!

It appears that the temple on the surface is not even a temple. More a keep or outpost from the Encounters PDF. The Air Cult has a tower overlooking a valley. The Water Cult has a Keep on the River side.

Both are very diffrent in appearance and likely need to be approached differently. The Earth and Fire Cult's outposts will probably going to be fairly different too.

pemerton

Legend
It appears that the temple on the surface is not even a temple. More a keep or outpost from the Encounters PDF. The Air Cult has a tower overlooking a valley. The Water Cult has a Keep on the River side.

Both are very diffrent in appearance and likely need to be approached differently. The Earth and Fire Cult's outposts will probably going to be fairly different too.
That makes sense. Presumably the Earth outpost will be something cave-like, and the Fire outpost will be in a volcano or other hot/fiery location.

That makes sense. Presumably the Earth outpost will be something cave-like, and the Fire outpost will be in a volcano or other hot/fiery location.

We only know the names of the later two outposts. While two are detailed.

Feathergale Spire which the air cult occupies. This one is detailed
Riverguard Keep were the water cult is. This one is detailed
Scared Stone Monastery is not detailed in the short pdf but the earth cult is stated to be in it.
Scarlet Moon Hall only gets a namedrop, but it has to be were the fire cult's outpost is.

Chimpy

First Post
I've got the trimmed down encounters version and it does indeed look much better than HotDQ. Ran first session last week and was pleased with it. Attention to detail seems good, plenty of lovely maps and art, has options for players in where to go and what to do. I think there are still a few places where some more DM guidance would be useful, but that seems to be the 5e style.

Remove ads

Remove ads