Quests of Doom 2: Six New 5E Adventures from the Necromancers!

Quests of Doom 2 is coming soon from Necromancer Games. Unlike QoD1, this one won't be a Kickstarter - instead, they're simply taking direct pre-orders. This book contains six adventures, all for 6th level or below. (thanks to Jeremy for the scoop) "From the weird and terrifying interior of the Spire of Iron and Crystal (cover) to the heat-misted Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti, this sequel to the two-volume Quests of Doom offers a whole new set of adventures for Fifth Edition. These adventures are all for characters level six and below, so the book isn't going to sit on the shelf and gather dust. Are your players up to the challenge of old-school First Edition style play? Make them earn those experience points."

Quests of Doom 2 is coming soon from Necromancer Games. Unlike QoD1, this one won't be a Kickstarter - instead, they're simply taking direct pre-orders. This book contains six adventures, all for 6th level or below. (thanks to Jeremy for the scoop) "From the weird and terrifying interior of the Spire of Iron and Crystal (cover) to the heat-misted Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti, this sequel to the two-volume Quests of Doom offers a whole new set of adventures for Fifth Edition. These adventures are all for characters level six and below, so the book isn't going to sit on the shelf and gather dust. Are your players up to the challenge of old-school First Edition style play? Make them earn those experience points."

Pre-orders are here. The release date is based on the pre-orders; they will give the go-ahead to the printer at $5000 of pre-orders (in essence it's almost like a Kickstarter with using Kickstarter!)

"We intend to raise at least $5000 in pre-orders for Quests of Doom 2 over the next few weeks, at which point we will give the green light to the printer just like our other Kickstarter project. "Why not just use Kickstarter?" you ask... well for two reasons really...

1. This is a rather small project compared to our others, and 2. We are curious how our customers will respond to this pre-order method.

We have many new titles coming out over the next year. In order to achieve a timely publishing schedule, we need to determine the best process for funding the production of each title."

QoD2_Cover_Thumb.jpg

Here's a quick look at the table of contents (which includes nine pages of monsters).

The Spire of Iron and Crystal (6th level)....................................p. 4
The Mire of Mourning (6th level).......................................... p. 24
Death in the Painted Canyons (5th level)....................................p. 39
Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti (5th level).................................p. 56
MCMLXXV (“1975”) (1st level)............................................p. 78
Grimmsgate (1st-2nd level).....................................................p. 95
Monster Appendix.............................................................. p. 113
Legal Appendix..................................................................p. 123

techno

Explorer
I preordered this and Frog God immediately sent me the PDF (which comes free with the $25 hardcover purchase). It looks good with 123 pages of lower-level 5e adventures.

Cadriel

First Post
I pre-ordered the hardcover, because The Spire of Iron and Crystal is a great, inventive module. I wish they had done Matt Finch's Tomb of the Iron God as well but it's a decent collection of stand-alone adventures, the kind of thing we need more of in 5e.

JTorres

First Post
Thanks for the heads up! I'll be spending the rest of the day reading through these. Also, for anyone that purchases this, take note of the list on page 2 that shows a few upcoming 5th edition books including one entitled "Book of Alchemy".

JeffB

Legend
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION]. Go ahead and delete my thread Russ, I posted this a few hours ago..

Last edited by a moderator:

Scottius

Adventurer
Just pre-ordered. I really enjoyed what I've read so far of the first Quests of Doom. Looking forward to checking this out.

epithet

Explorer
I bought it, and from reading through the pdf it looks like a fun and useful product. The hardcover preorder is $25 plus postage and includes the pdf, but if all you want is the digital version it is listed at $10. These adventures will be easy to weave into existing campaigns or settings (or to use as a launching point for a new campaign, in the case of the two lvl 1 adventures.)

A couple of these will almost certainly be used in the 5e Primeval Thule campaign that I'll run the next time I'm up as DM for my group.

Desh-Rae-Halra

Explorer
This book looks really cool, but after FGG's involvement in the fiasco with the failed Center Stage Miniatures Kickstarters, I just lost trust in them as a company.

techno

Explorer
My understanding is that Center Stage paid FGG a licensing fee to use their IP to make miniatures and then Center Stage failed to deliver. How is this FGG's fault?

This book looks really cool, but after FGG's involvement in the fiasco with the failed Center Stage Miniatures Kickstarters, I just lost trust in them as a company.
That seems a little harsh. FGG had nothing to do with that beyond licensing another company to make minis on their monsters. They chose a poor partner, but likely had nothing to do with the failure of that kickstarter.

Remove ads

Remove ads