Quests of Doom 2: Six New 5E Adventures from the Necromancers!

Quests of Doom 2 is coming soon from Necromancer Games. Unlike QoD1, this one won't be a Kickstarter - instead, they're simply taking direct pre-orders. This book contains six adventures, all for 6th level or below. (thanks to Jeremy for the scoop) "From the weird and terrifying interior of the Spire of Iron and Crystal (cover) to the heat-misted Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti, this sequel to the two-volume Quests of Doom offers a whole new set of adventures for Fifth Edition. These adventures are all for characters level six and below, so the book isn't going to sit on the shelf and gather dust. Are your players up to the challenge of old-school First Edition style play? Make them earn those experience points."

Quests of Doom 2 is coming soon from Necromancer Games. Unlike QoD1, this one won't be a Kickstarter - instead, they're simply taking direct pre-orders. This book contains six adventures, all for 6th level or below. (thanks to Jeremy for the scoop) "From the weird and terrifying interior of the Spire of Iron and Crystal (cover) to the heat-misted Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti, this sequel to the two-volume Quests of Doom offers a whole new set of adventures for Fifth Edition. These adventures are all for characters level six and below, so the book isn't going to sit on the shelf and gather dust. Are your players up to the challenge of old-school First Edition style play? Make them earn those experience points."

Pre-orders are here. The release date is based on the pre-orders; they will give the go-ahead to the printer at $5000 of pre-orders (in essence it's almost like a Kickstarter with using Kickstarter!)

"We intend to raise at least $5000 in pre-orders for Quests of Doom 2 over the next few weeks, at which point we will give the green light to the printer just like our other Kickstarter project. "Why not just use Kickstarter?" you ask... well for two reasons really...

1. This is a rather small project compared to our others, and 2. We are curious how our customers will respond to this pre-order method.

We have many new titles coming out over the next year. In order to achieve a timely publishing schedule, we need to determine the best process for funding the production of each title."

QoD2_Cover_Thumb.jpg

Here's a quick look at the table of contents (which includes nine pages of monsters).

The Spire of Iron and Crystal (6th level)....................................p. 4
The Mire of Mourning (6th level).......................................... p. 24
Death in the Painted Canyons (5th level)....................................p. 39
Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti (5th level).................................p. 56
MCMLXXV (“1975”) (1st level)............................................p. 78
Grimmsgate (1st-2nd level).....................................................p. 95
Monster Appendix.............................................................. p. 113
Legal Appendix..................................................................p. 123

Desh-Rae-Halra

Explorer
I didnt know about CSM but knew about FGG before the KS. FGG not only took the licensing fee, but essentially endorsed the project: I say this as they did the Main Page video for the KS

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...omplete-28mm-heroic-scale-miniatu/description

So in my opinion, when you point your customers to a project and that project fails, you should do something to try and make it right. Yes, they said (paraphrasing) they wished they hadnt gotten into bed with Matt Solarz - and that he screwed them on the second licensing fee (which doesnt make a lot of sense as they should have received that BEFORE he started the second project that also failed). But that doesn't really do anything for the 500+ backers who received absolutely nothing despite over $130,000 in pledges.
It irks me a little more that I actually bought a hardcopy Tome of Horrors.

Yes, I know KS is a risk, but when your company puts their name on a project ( and even shoots the video ), walking away saying "Well, we got most of our money (which came out of your money)" seems like a dick-move.

I dont dispute that they deserve their fee for their IP, and I'm glad they gave the rights to produce the minis to the sculptors (if they can get the greens back at all).

I'm not saying anyone else should not buy this product either. Although I am curious about what the 1975 adventure is like, I simply wont buy any of their products based on my history with them.

Barantor

Explorer
I bought it, and from reading through the pdf it looks like a fun and useful product. The hardcover preorder is $25 plus postage and includes the pdf, but if all you want is the digital version it is listed at $10. These adventures will be easy to weave into existing campaigns or settings (or to use as a launching point for a new campaign, in the case of the two lvl 1 adventures.)

A couple of these will almost certainly be used in the 5e Primeval Thule campaign that I'll run the next time I'm up as DM for my group.

Do you think it has that feel to it? Also do you have the other Quests of Doom books in 5E?

If they are all good I might buy them all in pdf form to go with Thule.

epithet

Explorer
Do you think it has that feel to it? Also do you have the other Quests of Doom books in 5E?

If they are all good I might buy them all in pdf form to go with Thule.

One is an ancient and strange mage tower, another is in a jungle. Both of those seem like they'll work with Thule. One is in a desert - that would be a stretch.

I do have the two volumes of Quests of Doom 1, and they seem to be good little adventures, but I haven't had a chance to really try one out yet since I'm in the middle of an adventure path.

maceo

Explorer
As was mentioned earlier on pg 2, looks like they're going to have their own campaign setting:

"Further information about the setting may be found in the forthcoming book The Lost Lands: Borderland Provinces, published by Necromancer Games for fifth edition."

Last edited by a moderator:

I've got the first 2 Quests of Doom. I'm thinking I may pick up the PDF of this one, especially with the Aussie dollar now a lot lower than it was 12 months ago.

Barantor

Explorer
One is an ancient and strange mage tower, another is in a jungle. Both of those seem like they'll work with Thule. One is in a desert - that would be a stretch.

I do have the two volumes of Quests of Doom 1, and they seem to be good little adventures, but I haven't had a chance to really try one out yet since I'm in the middle of an adventure path.

Thanks, that's the type of feedback I was wanting. Picking this up now!

Remove ads

Remove ads