Curse of Strahd Will Have A Map Pullout Poster

One of my favorite things about my old Raveloft boxset is the maps.

One of my favorite things about my old Raveloft boxset is the maps.

darjr

I crit!
According to one of the latest D&D podcasts from WotC with Creative Director Shauna Narciso and Art Director Kate Irwin share that Curse of Strahd will have a pullout two sided map poster. They called 5th Edition "a classic muscle car with modern amenities". Also they talked about already working on the next two storylines when Curse of Strahd was barely just completed. Curse of Strahd is due for release on Tuesday, March 15th (Friday, March 4th - otherwise known as GMs Day - in selected stores).

Listen to the podcast here.

Attachments

• strahd.jpg
    strahd.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 10,524
Last edited by a moderator:

Klaudius Rex

Explorer
Glad to get some pull out maps in these books for 5e. I wondered why they didnt do it in Sword Coast Adventures Guide.

Not so glad to see Minsc and Boo (who i really like) in Ravenloft. They are very comedic and the setting is just too dark to have them come around and kill the mood. Please dont do it, WotC!

Morlock

Banned
Banned
Let's hope they do poor Sutherland's maps justice. Some of the WotC/d20 retreads have been downright criminal in this regard (the 3e retread of War of the Lance, for example). The color/size/etc. changes seem consistently bad.

pming

Legend
Hiya!

I'll continue to use my original Ravenloft box set(s) and stuff. I just hope that Curse of Strahd is about an evil blood-sucking killer monster-tyrant who terrifies and murders his own people. Strahd is a vampre...he ties you up and makes you watch as he slowly sucks the blood out of your loved one. I don't want a "poor, misunderstood soul who it being unjustly punished for all eternity because he made a single mistake out of love!"...none of that BS! Oh, and is the pic posted supposed to be Strahd? Or some wannabe model for a "dark supernatural Harlequine Romance" novel? If so, why not go all the way and just slap a picture of a bare-chested Fabio wearing a cloak and be done with it.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

GameOgre

Adventurer
Hiya!

I'll continue to use my original Ravenloft box set(s) and stuff. I just hope that Curse of Strahd is about an evil blood-sucking killer monster-tyrant who terrifies and murders his own people. Strahd is a vampre...he ties you up and makes you watch as he slowly sucks the blood out of your loved one. I don't want a "poor, misunderstood soul who it being unjustly punished for all eternity because he made a single mistake out of love!"...none of that BS! Oh, and is the pic posted supposed to be Strahd? Or some wannabe model for a "dark supernatural Harlequine Romance" novel? If so, why not go all the way and just slap a picture of a bare-chested Fabio wearing a cloak and be done with it.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

You Sir, should not mock those who have the nerve to play the Hair Game! Back to your pedestrian life and leave the Glory to those better suited to the task!

pming

Legend
Hiya!

You Sir, should not mock those who have the nerve to play the Hair Game! Back to your pedestrian life and leave the Glory to those better suited to the task!

LOL! :D You should see what I look like...no Fabio, but I have the hair for it. :) My hair has always been long...it goes to the small of my back. I also have a full on barbarian-bush-man beard. Oddly enough, not a lot of hair elsewhere...smallish patch of "chest", some on my arms/legs as most folks do...oh! I have slightly hairier than normal feet and toes though! Probably because of my dwarven and halfling stout bloodline somewhere back (I hate having anything on my feet...pretty much bare foot all the time...indoors and out; nice thick 'soul pads' that lets me walk across gravel and hot sidewalks where others would run screaming for the shade of a nice grassy hillock).

I'm pretty sure that if I had to really get into the Hair Game, I could easily hold my own. Easily. :)

er...anyway...sorry for the side track there.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads