UNITY RPG: The Best of D&D 4E, Pathfinder, & Dungeon World

Unity is an interesting new game going soon. With diceless GMing, a narrative approach, and tactical gridless combat in which players operate in "unity" rather than taking turns, and inspirations from D&D 4E, Pathfinder, and Dungeon World, it's an indie game with great production values. I've been sent an exclusive preview of the game, which you can see below - two page spreads, one introducing the game and one taking a look at a combat encounter.

Unity is an interesting new game going soon. With diceless GMing, a narrative approach, and tactical gridless combat in which players operate in "unity" rather than taking turns, and inspirations from D&D 4E, Pathfinder, and Dungeon World, it's an indie game with great production values. I've been sent an exclusive preview of the game, which you can see below - two page spreads, one introducing the game and one taking a look at a combat encounter.

Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 11.11.01.png

Designer Anson Tran says "If I could sum up what I’m trying to do with Unity, it would be to create a game that has the tactical depth and crunch of D&D 4e, the excitement of character builds from 3.5e/Pathfinder and finally the narrative ease and storytelling potential of a game like Dungeon World. All of this oriented around very team-focused turn-less combat. Unity is Epic Fantasy infused with a flavourful dose of long lost magic-powered technology – there are guns, robots, and floating cities but they are a rare and momentous thing to discover."

There's a Kickstarter coming later this year for the 330+ page full-colour hardcover.

Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 11.11.12.png

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
The best of D&D 4e and gridless combat? Dunno...
Looks like it's using similar range concepts to 13th Age; I see game terms like ADJACENT and NEARBY in the power descriptions.

This looks pretty interesting, although indie games with high production values always make a little nervous on Kickstarter. Still definitely going to be keeping an eye open for this.

Oh, this looks interesting. I'm certainly going to give the KS a glance. Thanks Morrus.

Edit: I can't seem to find any further info on the web. Anything beyond this article?

Curmudjinn

Explorer
Oh, this looks interesting. I'm certainly going to give the KS a glance. Thanks Morrus.

Edit: I can't seem to find any further info on the web. Anything beyond this article?

I had the same problem.
Unity-rpg.com

Caught it in one of those teasers after some investigating.

Remove ads

Remove ads