Tomb of Annihilation Is Here - What Do You Think?

Today's the day - WotC's latest Dungeons & Dragons adventure, Tomb of Annihilation, is out! Head on down to your friendly (or unfriendly) local (or not so local) gaming (or comic) store and pick up your copy. Alternatively, if you use a virtual table top, it's available for Fantasy Grounds and Roll20.

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 12.53.29.png

Osgood

Adventurer
I second the Eberron request... the main reason I'm picking this one up is that it seems perfect for Eberron.

Mr. Wilson

Explorer
There was a poster over on reddit who accessed the book early and was doing an AMA about it.

Basically, he said Stormreach was substituted as the main hub and that the adventure took place in Xen'drik.

I don't have it yet to confirm, but that makes a ton of sense on the face of it.

uriel222

First Post
Loving the new prices on Fantasy Grounds; only $28 in Canada on Steam, how can I not pick this one up? :D

How well does Fantasy Grounds work? I've seen it, but they do a really poor job on their website of selling it, and the demo is clunky as hell. How detailed can the characters be (i.e. does their character builder cover everything DNDBeyond does)? Do the published adventures use Fog of War, or is it just the whole map plunked down in front of the players?

How well does Fantasy Grounds work? I've seen it, but they do a really poor job on their website of selling it, and the demo is clunky as hell. How detailed can the characters be (i.e. does their character builder cover everything DNDBeyond does)? Do the published adventures use Fog of War, or is it just the whole map plunked down in front of the players?

Personally I think it works well. I didn't find it overly difficult to learn as a player, while it was a bit more work to learn as a DM I don't feel it was more than any other tool.

There are lots of tutorial videos on YouTube you can check out. There are official ones by Smite Works that work well and Dulux Oz has a series of videos that cover lots of the basics. But the best way to learn I think is to play a few games, and FG Con is coming up next month which will see lots of games to join over a weekend, keep an eye on that site and when player registration opens sign up for a game or two. All DMs run with the expectation that players are new to FG and some are even new to role playing games.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases