Tomb of Annihilation Is Here - What Do You Think?

Today's the day - WotC's latest Dungeons & Dragons adventure, Tomb of Annihilation, is out! Head on down to your friendly (or unfriendly) local (or not so local) gaming (or comic) store and pick up your copy. Alternatively, if you use a virtual table top, it's available for Fantasy Grounds and Roll20.

Today's the day - WotC's latest Dungeons & Dragons adventure, Tomb of Annihilation, is out! Head on down to your friendly (or unfriendly) local (or not so local) gaming (or comic) store and pick up your copy. Alternatively, if you use a virtual table top, it's available for Fantasy Grounds and Roll20.

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 12.53.29.png

"Disclaimer: this adventure will make your players hate you--the kind of simmering hatred that eats away at their souls until all that remains are little dark spheres of annihilation where their hearts used to be. PS don't forget to tear up their character sheets"

Is that really what it says? OMG, that is frikkin' hysterical!!!!

JesterOC

Explorer
It looks to me an honest description would be an adventure from level 5-11, based on what the AMA guy is saying.

Do note the adventure assumes actual XP levelling. Assuming they've done their math this time around, that should easily be double the content for a milestone-driven supplement for the same level range, so while I am contesting the level range you imply, I'm not contesting your "huge" characterization :)

When I said thoughts on level ranges from 1-9 I meant that they have suggestions for handling characters from 1 through 9. At first level do this... if they are 5 th level do this instead. If they are 9th level do the other.

As for the assumption of XP leveling that could be. But they do give areas and suggested levels for several areas. So milestone leveling appears to be quite easy.

Going from memory. I would assume you want to try to stick to the city for lvls 1-3, perhaps small escutcheons until you hit 5th. After that you better venture forward lest the ticking time bomb of the story explodes.

I find pricing for it to be really interesting. (Numbers in US Dollars.)

List/MSRP price is $49.95.
I find listing for the printed book on Google starting at $36.97.
On Roll 20 it's $49.95.
On D&D Beyond, can't find a price for it (and I believe it only a subset of the info anyway).
On Fantasy Grounds it's $24.95. (or 25% less than that if you have the complete bundle)

It's cheaper on the more functional FG than it is in any other format. Way to go SmiteWorks, thanks!

You could buy ToA and 6 months subscription license for less than MSRP!

JesterOC

Explorer
It's cheaper on the more functional FG than it is in any other format.

I only play at the table, but I do have FG (the game I got it for fell through). I am wondering if anyone has run a game at the table using FG as a resource? How well does it compare to just the book?

mserabian

Explorer

On D&D Beyond, can't find a price for it (and I believe it only a subset of the info anyway).
On Fantasy Grounds it's $24.95. (or 25% less than that if you have the complete bundle)

FYI It's 24.99 on D&D Beyond and it is the entire book there ...

On Roll 20 it's $49.95.

It's cheaper on the more functional FG than it is in any other format. Way to go SmiteWorks, thanks!

At D&D Beyond all adventures are $24.99. This should take you to it, I think.

Edit: Oh, ninja'ed!! :)

HawaiiSteveO

Blistering Barnacles!

On Roll 20 it's $49.95.

It's $24.99 on Beyond, full linked version same as other books you purchase.

lkj

Hero

On Roll 20 it's $49.95.

It's $24.99 on DnDBeyond and you get the whole thing.

AD

Oops. Redundant redundancy!!! (edit)

Remove ads

Remove ads