• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's Green Ronin Up To In 2018? The Expanse, Lazarus, & More!

Green Ronin has posted its plans for the first half of 2018, which include The Expanse RPG, being Kickstarted in a few months, Modern Age in the Spring, along with the World of Lazarus setting, a new edition of Freedom City for Mutants & Masterminds, and more!

Green Ronin has posted its plans for the first half of 2018, which include The Expanse RPG, being Kickstarted in a few months, Modern Age in the Spring, along with the World of Lazarus setting, a new edition of Freedom City for Mutants & Masterminds, and more!

MA_Lazarus_cov_PRODSHOT_preview.jpg

Here's the list for the first half of the year:

• The Expanse (Kickstarter in a few months, game releasing at Gen Con in August)
  • Modern Age (Spring)
  • The World of Lazarus setting for Modern AGE (Spring)
  • Fantasy Age Companion
  • Faces of Thedas (for Dragon Age)
  • Aldis: City of the Blue Rose (for the Blue Rose RPG)
  • Freedom City (for Mutants & Masterminds; out this week)
  • Rogues Gallery (for Mutants and Masterminds; Spring)
  • Shadowtide (Blue Rose novel)
  • Ork! The Roleplaying Game (new edition)
  • Return to Freeport (6-part adventure for Pathfinder; later spring)
Later in the year, we can expect to see:
  • Basic Hero's Handbook (for Mutants and Masterminds)
  • Superteam Handbook (for Mutants and Masterminds)
  • A Mutants & Masterminds novel
  • Sentinels of Earth Prime (card game)
  • Lost Citadel (D&D 5E campaign setting)
Green Ronin also reports that its Song of Ice and Fire license has expired; they can continue selling existing books, but cannot produce new ones. Read more here!

[FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

The Kickstarter for The Expanse isn't happening for a few months, and yet the game is going to be released in August?

I think they're ahead of schedule on it. :) From Chris Pramas' blog:

"We announced that we’d licensed James S.A. Corey’s terrific series of scifi novels last year and since then Steve Kenson has been leading the team designing the core rulebook. In a few months we will be Kickstarting The Expanse RPG and the rules will actually be done before we even start the crowdfunding campaign."

Egg Embry, Wanna-lancer
Interested in reading other EN World reviews of all-ages games? Check out:
Hero Kids, Pip System, Adventures in Wonderland, and My Little Pony: Tails of Equestria.
If you're a publisher and have an all-ages RPG that you'd like to have reviewed, please contact me
here.

Mallus

Legend
I wonder how similar/different the Expanse rules will be to the heavily-modified d20 Modern Ty Franck used to run his campaign?

Mallus

Legend
It is using a version of the AGE system (used by Dragon Age, Fantasy AGE, and Blue Rose).
Thanks.

I'm not familiar with AGE. Is it crunchy? My gut feeling is Expanse as a game would benefit from relatively heavy, "crunch" mechanics with a FATE-like metacurrency system layered over top. I think you need both to emulate all the nods to SF "realism", the technical Tom Clancy-in-space stuff, while still allowing for the over-the-top heroics found all over the series.

Remove ads

Remove ads