THIS Is The Pathfinder Playtest Rulebook!

Courtesy of Paizo's Jason Bulmahn on the Twitters -- "This is my 5,000th tweet and I can not think of a finer thing to show than this glorious book finally landing on my shelf. The team really outdid themselves on this. I can't wait for all of you to see it!"

Courtesy of Paizo's Jason Bulmahn on the Twitters -- "This is my 5,000th tweet and I can not think of a finer thing to show than this glorious book finally landing on my shelf. The team really outdid themselves on this. I can't wait for all of you to see it!"

DhXULTzV4AAP263.jpg

Kite474

Explorer
Neato, I also like how its really working as a "episode 2" what with the cover being the Icon Sorcerer and Fighter fighting a dragon.

Also that is one fancy scotchglass holder

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
What! No partially hidden covers? No teasing doodles partially name-dropping old IPs? No big secret, guess what I'm hiding, stir the pot trolling alluding to future products??

It's a huge difference the way Paizo and Wizards approach their audiences. And yet another reason I am leaning towards this playtest more and more. Paizo (through Pathfinder) will likely supplant my interest in D&D this time. Come on, August! I'm ready! :)

Kobold Boots

Banned
Banned
WoTC is using the old Apple approach to product marketing.
Paizo is using the IBM approach.

Both work. Neither are selling anything as important to society. It's good to see some business acumen on both sides though.

Zarithar

Adventurer
The fact that they are selling and marketing hardcover books for a playtest... basically an alpha or beta version of the finished product, is a turn off for me. P.T. Barnum would be proud. WoTC released their playtest for 5e as free PDFs. There's a huge difference here.

Michael Ramsey

First Post
The fact that they are selling and marketing hardcover books for a playtest... basically an alpha or beta version of the finished product, is a turn off for me. P.T. Barnum would be proud. WoTC released their playtest for 5e as free PDFs. There's a huge difference here.

Paizo is releasing the playtest for free as a PDF. They just made the books for people who want to buy them (they did the same thing with Pathfinder 1e during it's beta run).

Auraword

Explorer
To be fair to Paizo - they will release the PDF free on August 2nd. The offered a printed version, as a preorder only, for those who wanted it.

Kurviak

Explorer

The PDFs are indeed free, so the difference is that paizo offered the printed versions as preorders for people interested on having it as a physical book

Shasarak

Banned
Banned

You are right, that is terrible to see a company selling something that they are giving away for free. What kind of rubes do Paizo take us for?

Now off to see the Egress, some kind of female Eagle I bet!

Remove ads

Remove ads