Cloaktrick Rogue: Worst named mini ever?

Dykstrav

Adventurer
It's not just relegated to minis, WotC is apparently a big fan of combining two words into one word to make a new term. Sometimes, it works (like "loremaster"). More often, it ends up sounding silly. "Cloaktrick rogue" is just the latest example.

For awkward and clumsy word combinations, I hereby submit skullcrusher ogre, bearhound, bloodhulk, bonedrinker, demonhive, lifeleech otyugh, shredstorm, and visejaw crocodile. Let's not forget that there are also tons of "new" monsters that are just standard monsters with a new trick (hence, somehow making it a new monster). A gnoll with a bite attack becomes a "steelfang gnoll" instead of "a gnoll with a bite attack," orcs with electricity resistance become "stormrage orcs" insteads of "orcs with electricity resistance" and so forth.

pawsplay

Hero
Lifeleech otyugh is pretty nonsensical sounding, especially to a non-gamer, but I'm not sure it has what it takes to be a contender. "Skullcrusher ogre" just sounds redundant. :)

"Cloaktrick Rogue" belongs with "Hammerhit Fighter", "Magicblast Wizard" and "Arrowshot Ranger", fighting the Grey Orcs in the Nameless Dungeon beneath the Land of Place.

Anybody that one-dimensional dosen't deserve to be a mini. He should have been a counter.

This is still making me giggle when I read it like ten minutes ago, kudos ;)

CountPopeula

First Post
I...don't know what to say...

I actually have Dingo Appledimple. Silly, silly name, but it's a pretty cool mini for a D&D Halfling, he's got a bedroll and a pot, the kind of things adventurers supposedly carry around but no one actually ever bothers with. First mini I ever got the eyes right on, actually, most of my minis had the orphan annie eyes.

Magnificent Egos has other body-part puns, though. If you don't get the second one, think Seinfeld.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/inc/sdetail/246666

Though I do give them credit, they made Minmaximus, the fighter with the spiked chain.

Brennin Magalus

First Post
Seriously, is there any mini with a worse name than Cloaktrick Rogue?

Cloaktrick_Rogue.jpg

I thought it was [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD8ymBR2Ufo"]Cheaptrick[/ame] Rogue.

Clavis

First Post
Hey, at least its not a Bangkok Coke-bottle-trick rogue!
And if you don't know what that is, don't try to find out. You're better off not knowing.

Remove ads