Character Builder Beta available

Renshai

First Post
I honestly cannot fathom the statement about not installing .NET to use the Character Builder. I too am a .NET developer and the installation of the framework is, in most cases, fast and easy. Most people use it without ever realizing they even have it. The notion that this is some kind of Microsoft plot to make money through DDI is... well.. I can't say anything nice so I won't say anything at all.

All of that ridiculousness aside, the Character Builder is top notch so far. Other than the bug with not being able to set your XP at a non-level interval it has performed amazingly. It is fast, responsive, the UI is intuitive and easy to use.

Kudos to the programmers that developed this application. I churned out four 1st level characters in about 10 minutes. You just can't beat that.

Scribble

First Post
I really, really like the program. Quick, easy, love being able to customize the character sheet layout.

My only concern is, how can I share my character sheet with someone who doesn't have the program? There's no "export" function.

If I was at work, where I had the full version of Adobe PDF, I could print it to a PDF. But I can't install programs at work, and don't have PDF-creation capability at home.

There are a few free print to pdf programs out there if you look. Also does open office do print to pdf? I think it does...

Prism

Explorer
Not having much luck with Vista x64. Grabbed .Net 3.5 and the SP1 from the Microsoft site. Character builder installs fine but then hangs upon start

Oh well

darjr

I crit!
Are the save files in readable XML format? No binary blobs in it? If so I plan on doing something about populating my favorite character sheet from it.

Last edited:

Hawke

Explorer
Are the save files in readable XML format? No binary blogs in it? If so I plan on doing something about populating my favorite character sheet from it.

Not as of yet... but I hope enough people suggest this feature!!! Would be great to import the character data into a whole number of various sheets. It could potentially help people track down certain bugs when given access to the raw way it stores the sheet to figure out where that pesky +1 is coming from that shouldn't be there.

I've been told that .NET 4.0 is not really .NET, but a WoW clone (with some anime, a pinch of miniature wargame and a shade of CCG). Is that true?
lol

Okay guys, I'm able to download the first 594kb before Firefox tells me that the download is complete. What gives?

Last edited:

AnthonyRoberson

First Post
My program is running ok, but I can't seem to put anything in my backpack. It just says backpack (empty) in equipment. Is there any way to actually put anything in it?

garyh

First Post
Okay, so I've installed both PrimoPDF and CutePDF and can now print to PDF... but the Character Generator sends each page to the printer separately, so I end up with four PDF's of a page each for a single character. Arrrgh! At least I can take those separate PDF's to work and merge them there, I suppose, but this shouldn't be so hard...

Remove ads