M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
Is the plan to tell Kim that Jezibel got away? Anything else?

What Nurlan says to Kim:

We found Jezibel and overwhelmed her bodyguards, but were then attacked by a swarm of ferocious fish-like men living underwater. In the commotion she escaped, with Irene. We do not know if Irene was chasing her or was in her command, but I fear Jezibel has arcane powers with which she managed to turn Irene, even for a moment, to her side. I worry that Irene is now her prisoner, and if she is alive hope to rescue her.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Ok, here can be found some spending from the previous loot. Here can be found the list of items we found last time.

The worth of what each have gain/lost is:

Ashnar:
+ 100 gp (familiar)
Total: 100 gp

Charlan:
+ 100 (Chain shirt)
+ 62.5 (Scroll creation)
- 100 (Scroll used)
Total: 62.5 gp.

Irene:
Not there.

Nurlan:
+ 2000 gp. (Cloak of Charisma)
+ 540 gp. (Wand of CLW, 36 charges remaining)
+ 175 gp. (MW Crossbow)
Total: 2715 gp.

Rinaldo:
+ 50 gp (Potion of CLW)
- 50 gp (Potion of CLW)
Total: 0 gp.

Somac:
+ 62.5 gp (Masterwork Studded Leather)
- 50 gp (Greatsword)
- 8 gp (Glaive)
Total: 4.5 gp.

Tenebrynn:
+ 4000 gp (+1 heavy pick; aquatic humanoid bane)
+ 82.5 (Scroll creation)
- Scroll used
Total: 4082.5 gp.

Tor:
+300 gp (Migthy +2 Comp. Longbow)
Total: 300 gp.

Common Treasure:
3367 gp.

Tenebrynn and Nurlan have obviously have more than there share, but it is hard to splits the value of items. It just mean they won't have money...

So, for all others, it makes
100 + 62.5 + 0 + 4.5 + 300 + 3367 = 3834
3834 / 5 = 766.8
Now, you substarct from 766.8 the value calculated above, and you get...

As the group is gather over a table, drinking some ale and relaxing, Rinaldo is writting down on a scroll the value of everything, doing some calculation. After a few minutes he starts to explain how he did his calculation.

"... so, after calculation, we got for each one:
Ashnar: 666.8 gold pieces
Charlan: 704.3 gold pieces
Irene: Hmmm... I put her out of the maths, but if we go after her, and she didn't defect us, we will pay her share from Jez equipement.
Nurlan: Your cloak itself worth more than a share, so you are a lucky guy with a nice cloak.
Rinaldo: 766.8 gold pieces
Somac: 762.3 gold pieces
Tenebrynn: In your case, you are the big winner with that pick, so no money for you either.
Tor: 466.8 gold pieces

So, that's how I suggest to split the loot. I think it is nice for everyone. If someone have some suggestion, I can do some correction to all that. Looks ok for everyone?

And now, what everyone plan to do? Someone want to go after Jezibel?"

orsal

LEW Judge
Velmont said:
As the group is gather over a table, drinking some ale and relaxing, Rinaldo is writting down on a scroll the value of everything, doing some calculation. After a few minutes he starts to explain how he did his calculation.

"... so, after calculation, we got for each one:
Ashnar: 666.8 gold pieces
Charlan: 704.3 gold pieces
Irene: Hmmm... I put her out of the maths, but if we go after her, and she didn't defect us, we will pay her share from Jez equipement.
Nurlan: Your cloak itself worth more than a share, so you are a lucky guy with a nice cloak.
Rinaldo: 766.8 gold pieces
Somac: 762.3 gold pieces
Tenebrynn: In your case, you are the big winner with that pick, so no money for you either.
Tor: 466.8 gold pieces

Nurlan's smile is a cross between appreciation and amazement. "You are quite the merchant. Booty runs in the thousands, and you figure everything to the nearest silver piece. Well, it sounds good to me."

Velmont said:
"So, that's how I suggest to split the loot. I think it is nice for everyone. If someone have some suggestion, I can do some correction to all that. Looks ok for everyone?

"We have to. We can't leave here with Irene's fate uncertain."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Sounds acceptable to me Rinaldo, and yes I agree that this pick is more than worth a share. As for Jezibel and Irene, I would like to go after them, but I really don't know where to go next. If we were to hire a tracker we could see if they could pick up the trail were we lost it. But by the time we returned to the Red Dragon, hired someone, and went back to the goblin fort I am sure the trail would be cold." concludes Tenebrynn.

[ooc: Manz, thank you for the great adventure. Are you planning another game for those who want to try and find their lost companion, or will this be a future quest.]

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar nods as Rinaldo explains how he came to the values he came up with. The mathemathics seem sound. "And in all this turmoil I did not actually get the opportunity to perform the familiar ritual."
As the discussion once again turns to Irene, his face darkens. "As much as I dislike to say this - I don't think we will have a chance to find Irene and Jezibel. We've already tried to follow what seemed their tracks, and found nothing. I wonder - can you tell from the tracks if one of the mounts was led by the other, such as by a rope or something similar? Or if the mounts carried the expected weight?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"I dont believe that any of us is particularly skilled in tracking. We did the best we could, but such insight is beyond my ability at least." replies Tenebrynn.

Patlin

Explorer
Velmont said:
So, that's how I suggest to split the loot. I think it is nice for everyone. If someone have some suggestion, I can do some correction to all that. Looks ok for everyone?

Tor thanks Rinaldo for his painstaking efforts in dividing the loot.

As to Jezibel, Tor would feel honor bound to go after Irene, and will join any effort to do so. Out of Character, however, Manzanita deserves a break from DMing and that seems to be what he's asking for. If he wants to throw the 'Quest to Rescue Irene' out into the public domain, perhaps we could find someone willing to DM it. If he wants to do it himself either later or now, that would be good too... but I get the impression this adventure is done.

orsal

LEW Judge
Patlin said:
Tor thanks Rinaldo for his painstaking efforts in dividing the loot.

As to Jezibel, Tor would feel honor bound to go after Irene, and will join any effort to do so. Out of Character, however, Manzanita deserves a break from DMing and that seems to be what he's asking for. If he wants to throw the 'Quest to Rescue Irene' out into the public domain, perhaps we could find someone willing to DM it. If he wants to do it himself either later or now, that would be good too... but I get the impression this adventure is done.

Oh, I'm not trying to draft Manzanita for an adventure he's not prepared to run. I hadn't contemplated another DM, but if Manzanita is prepared to make the situation public, and someone else wants to run it, that would be great. Otherwise... if we end up handwaving the ending, we at least ought to handwave an ending consistent with everyone's IC motivations.

Manzanita

First Post
I'm not yet prepared to run M3. This is essentially due to the fact that to run it properly, I've decided the PCs should be higher level. Though it is also a result of lack of creative drive to flesh out the plot enough to run it.

As for the fate of Irene and Jezibel, at this point that is still being played out. I don't think it will result in another adventure. If need be, I will arrange one. I realize the party would like to track them. I can't think how they would. Assume IC that you have tried and failed. If you have any particularly clever ideas, though, I'd be happy to continue the adventure a bit to see if they work.

Nice work dividing the treasure, Rinaldo. You're way ahead of me. I'll go back to edit my treasure post according to your breakdown.

Meanwhile, I'll go ahead & post the XP. Since it's almost all combat and time spent, there's not much arbitrary in there for the judge to second guess.

orsal

LEW Judge
OOC: I'm not ready to start Nurlan on another adventure for at least a month or two of real time. So I'm happy to say that he's sticking around Monemvassia for a little while, maybe doing a little singing in the local taverns, possibly another foray back to the trail in desperation (although I really know it won't turn up anything new). We can get the word around -- Kim and Botha, and Kim's contacts in the Guild, know that we're looking for her.

If, at the end of M2.5, Irene decides to check back in town, word might reach Nurlan, and anyone else from our group who decided to stick around, especially if she visits Kim. If she doesn't survive, or does but heads straight for Orussus, or joins Jezibel and forms a new bandit gang... well, at some point Nurlan will move on. I'll figure that out when the time come. The long and short of it is, I'll keep Nurlan out of play at least until M2.5 wraps up. And if it's still going on when I'm ready for another adventure, I've got another character (or several) I can introduce to LEW.

Remove ads