M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Knight Otu

First Post
"Only crossbow bolts. I'll fetch Rinaldo." Ashnar will run to the group that remained behind (assuming he doesn't need to get near the wolf creature), gasping "Big wolf - need Rinaldo!" and leading him to the combat as fast as possible.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Bbn 1

Somac's heart nearly stops when he sees the giant wolf. Sweat rolls down his brow and he swallows hard. Only the presence of his brave friend steals his resolve. He adjusts his grip on his sword, and gets ready for the approach of the wolf.

"Well, at least this explains the smell."

OOC: Somac will follow Tenebrynn back to the door if need be, and will ready an attack to be triggered by the wolf moving into a threatened square.

Manzanita

First Post
The wolf is in a separate room. Retreating, or investigating the open door on the west wall would not bring you any closer to the animal.

As the librarian and barbarian stand side by side warily watching the giant wolf, the others scramble up behind them.

The wolf continues to snarl and bare teeth, but makes no aggressive moves. After a few moments it switches its tail and begins to pace back and forth in its room, briefly leaving sight of the party at each end of its pace, as its room must be wider the than the corridor leading to it.

Rinaldo approaches, and almost immediately notices a rusted iron lever in the wall of the wolf's corridor. It is about 10 feet down the 30 foot corridor towards the dire wolf.

OOC: Thanks for the decipher script/spellcraft note, Nurlan. Fact is, I don't always check the CSs in cases such as that. That's actually the second time I've shortchanged Rinaldo b/c of that. Sorry. In general, I count on my fine players to catch me when I screw up.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: No prob, Manz, for DS, I lust tell that the build of Rinaldo is not an usual one...

"Don't move!" says Rinaldo, slowly going out of sight of the wolf. He grabs his hat and start to think to the Hobgoblin. When the wolf see him again, Rinaldo looks like the Hobgoblin. With assurance, Rinaldo go to the lever and pull it.

OOC: Use my hat of disguise... If that action will capture Rinaldo in the same room than the worlf, forget it...

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Rinaldo's ploy seems to work. The wolf lowers its hackles as it sees the familiar face of its master. Rinaldo takes hold of the level and pulls down. He has to grunt and groan a bit to get it pulled, but once he does, a set of iron bars descend from the ceiling, trapping the wolf in its room.

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo takes his hat and salute the Wolf (and thus removing the illusion), as if he had done a good show, but when he do so, he almost fall, as his legs seems to fail him. He recover his balance and put his hat back on his head.

"I think I should have become comedian. I seems not pretty bad, and it is a lot less dangerous. And if I present you to my wife, you two, don't ever mention this to her, or you will wish to have died against that wolf."

On that he looks at the goblins body.

"Decapitated... I wish that never happen to me." He looks at Somac. "You want to search there body, maybe they have something that could be usefull, or a paper telling all the creature they have hoarded here... it starts to be too much for my nerves. I'll go back and see how the wounded are faring."

On his way back, he looks at Ashnar and stop onhis walk... "Can you explain me why you wanted me.? I am a merchant, not a warrior. That wolf is really big. Well, seems you were right, but please, don't abuse that solution, I start to be out of tricks and my nerves can't take much more."

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
"Rinaldo, you are a better adventurer than you realize. And that aside, you were in the best shape of those who remained behind. Charlarn is barely healed, and Irene is still lacking her equipment.

Of course, your wife won't hear anything on that from me."

Velmont

First Post
"Thanks to put some pressure on me. I'll remember it. Next time I have a great idea like to open a magic shop to end my days quietly, would you please make sure that I remember all that happen today... Ghoul, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Zombie, Giant Wolf... what next? A dragon? Oh, yeah, I've already seen one, no that was a wyvern, and it was Zoe who killed it, I was just scared..." From that moent, Rinaldo seems to talk more to himself and start to walk back to the room where are lying the two wounded. "Or it was Persephone who killed it... too blurry already. If only I could find a good bargain on the way... If goblin could only be a bit more peacefull, we could have found a good market here. They are surely lacking a lot of thing. I should learn the goblin, even Orcs are willing to trade, I surely find some goblin to trade with... Charlyn, How is Tor and Nurlan? Will we need to carry them, or you will e able to make them gain conciouness?"

Erekose13

Explorer
With the wolf safely locked away and Rinaldo out of the room, Tenebrynn removes his knife and kneels beside the fallen goblins. With surgical precision he removes the ears of the goblins, putting them into the pouch the others had been in. Then he does a quick search of their bodies knowing that they will have nothing that compares to the bounty these ears will bring.

"Ashnar, Somac, I am not sure that my companions and I brought you up to speed on everything. Our first mission was to rid the country side of bandits and collect the bounty on the ears. These are worth quite a penny. On top of that Jezibel knows that we were assigned that task. If she finds her friends like that she will beall the more enraged to find that we had been here." Tenebrynn explains as he wipes the blood off his knife on the dirty goblin clothing.

Manzanita

First Post
Once Rinaldo's sunrod enters the room with the dead goblins, the party can see in the open door to the west. It looks like a study of some sort.

Remove ads