Port Cities

Tarsus

First Post
It seems as though every campaign world has a major city (usually a port city) that becomes the crowning jewel of the setting, such as Waterdeep for the Realms, Lankmahrr for Newhon, etc. I know there are a couple of cities available that are non-campaign specific, but I truly believe that you cannot have too many "great cities" available to drop in any campaign world. I have toyed with the idea of tackling this beast, but I fear it to be too large a project for myself alone. Would anyone else be interested in defining various shops for a great port city? Who knows, if it is good enough it might even see print! In any event, we could at least create a pdf to be shared among the contributors. Anyone interested?

Tarsus

First Post
Oh well

I guess this topic isn't quite as appealing to the rest of you, thanks for showing me that there is not as much interest in such a product as I originally envisioned.

shilsen

Adventurer
You decided nobody's interested since nobody posted in a span of less than 3 hours? I'm personally not into it, but give it a little time and patience and you are likely to see some responses.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Why don't you just buy Bluffside (or get the free netbook expansion) or Freeport?

Others have already gone through the trouble for you. Heck, combine them and toss the bits you don't want - and you're done.

Tarsus

First Post
Sorry

Sorry for the lack of patience, I agree that 3 hours is not ample time to judge interest. As for buying Bluffside or Freeport, I agree that it would be much easier than creating one from scratch, but for me that is part of the fun. I was just curious if anyone else might like to contribute. Again, I apologize for my lack of patience.

Last edited:

nopantsyet

First Post
Generally speaking, I'm interested in the idea of a collective setting project. My involvement would hinge much more on the organization than anything. I most certainly don't have the time to organize anything like this, which is why I haven't. (Though I am hoping to eventually finish off my ongoing preparations for a site devoted to homebrewing, which will also provide forums to collaborate on settings.)

caudor

Adventurer
I'd be interested in contributing a shop or two. Sounds like fun.

If you decide to go for it, you might consider posting the ground rules, contact info, submission guidelines,etc. in the publishers forum section. The sub-section is open calls, I think.

I think you are on to a good idea!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Shark World and Mors End (and to a lesser extent Cressia*) are collaborative settings created on these very boards in the past (back when we had a dedicated Plots and Places forum :() so the interest is out there and another might work (except that a dedicated Plots and Places forum no longer exists to host it)
I'm sure the notes on all the above settings are still around somewhere (I've got some of the Cressia stuff) although none have been developed for publication as yet

*Cressia was actually a thought experiment (initiated by Rangerwickett) in a DnD warfare/arms race which eventually evolved into a quite cool bronze-age (very early iron age) setting. I'm still planning on running some games in it

The_Gunslinger658

First Post
silver pearl of the void

Hi-

There is Parrot Bay located in the astrel plain, a real cool crossroads for you smuggler and rogue types. But beware; the Githyanki have been eyeing the silver pearl of the void for quite some time and rumor has it that an invasion is near.............

Scott

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases