The Creation Schema:THE FINAL BATTLE FOR POSSESSION OF THE SCHEMA

Cedious

First Post
errrrr

megamania said:
****Before I come across wrong-

The guys are loving it. Making new characters is no big deal to them. IF they had survived, the bragging rites would have been worth it to them. Its all about having fun.

Early suggestions include more min/maxing

Jeff with another Warforged Fighter and Jimmy with a 1/2 Giant Monkey gripping fighter (oh my) BJ I don't know if he had decided yet.

i survived and all andy is trying to do is find more elaborate ways of attempting to kill me.....and me just getting out of it by dumb luck and the dice being kind to me when i REALLY need them to be! :lol:
but i am really having fun....andy is a great DM

ohhh and i dont think he has really shown exactly how much of a pain my thief....errrr im mean rogue is :eek:

uh-oh. warning warning warning...players reading storyhour segments. Must be careful about adding secret info. warning warning warning...it is too late. Must kill players.

Welcome Bill and Clinton aka Boddynoc and Cedious. Welcome to EN World and the story of your life (at least 4-6 hours of it from everyother weekend ;) )

Micah

First Post
It's great to see your players chiming in.

Also wanted to say how impressed I am at your ability to work the "new player/s" meet existing group scenarios into the plotline. Not always easy to accomplish, but your events become stories and encounters that mesh with the feel of the game.

EBERRON
01/01/05
SEGMENT 033
STORMS OF DECIET

Guards from a room in the front of the cells spill out. They have clubs and shields and find a daunting sight. The “special” inmate is breaking free and the rest are very unruly. They are attacking the bars in a mad rush to escape the cells and the storm struck ship.

Suddenly one guard in armor begins to scream and drops his weapon. Steam or smoke is rising from him. The other armored guard also begins to yell. “Fire! Fire!” which further panics the guards just arriving on the scene. The words of fire cause alarm with the one barbarian whom now begins to rush the bars as the ones across from him. The monk for being so sick suddenly lashes out at a guard and slams his head into the bars and with the other hand strikes his chin. A sickening grind and crack can be heard as his neck snaps. Two other guards, startled and leaning with the waves too much go too close to the revealed cell. A large pale hand reaches out and grabs a guard and pulls his screaming body in. It won’t fit through the eight-inch space so the body is repeatedly slammed into the boards. After the third slam after the guard stopped screaming a board breaks and the body retreats into the cell. Another guard suddenly finds himself bleeding from a vital organ. He turns and sees a small figure in fine clothes behind him. He dies.

Chaos.

Another guard gets too close to a warforged cell. The warforged grabs at him and pulls him in. After the third strike the body goes limp. Meanwhile, the two armored guards are now so hot they are cooking. One fell into a table with cards. The flimsy paper ignites and begins to burn. Other guards are burnt trying to save the armored guard before he stops moving.

THHOOOOOM strikes the thunder with lightning flashing. Cedious had dropped unspotted to the Captain’s quarters and stumbles in bouncing off either side of the doorjam as the ship rocks side to side as well as too and fro.

“Dammit Guri- close that door!” yells the captain with his back to the door. Cedious closes the door.

Guri meanwhile has made it to the stairs. The ship mage is hoping to find out why the alarm cord was pulled. He suspects it is Fracture Makker. This serial killer is wanted in Trolanport for killing a House Sivis member. Knowing the dwarves of Kundarak will be overseeing the sentencing of the monster; he wants to be sure it reaches there. The bounty will be much less if it is delivered dead. And when the dwarves of banking is involved, the reward would be great to be certain.

He stumbles down the stairs and can hear the monster bellowing mixed in with screams of pain. Then he notices the other prisoners are attempting a breakout. And it might work! They have uprooted the entire cell structure. Now they are trying to force it away from the wall to push free. Desperate and not wanting to face what is inside, Guri decides to use their other security measure. The guard “animal” they have within their stronghold.

“oooh caaaaptain!” says Cedious once he is close to Captain Attar. He freezes and stops looking at his maps where he was looking for a safe port or island. Before he can act he feels a sharp pain in his thigh. The wild pitching of the ship is not allowing Cedious to strike his chosen lethal spots to puncture. The captain lives but between the wildly foundering ship and the leg injury he still collapses to a knee.

“Who….how….?” he stammers. Cedious cuts him again.

Now on all fours, the captain looks at his assailant. “you…? But you …drowned….”

Cedious finishes him off and wonders where that mage went to. “oh Guri…..where or where are you…?”

CRACK! FFFOOOOOOOMMM!

Lightning strikes the upper mast and shatters the crow’s nest and ignites the upper most sail. Balair fears he has lost the ship.

“An Ogre! Who the hell puts an ogre on a ship!” yells Boddynoc once it registers whom is in the cell.

Then he sees a gnome work his way across fallen bodies of guards. The remaining guards are trying to escape. Unfortunately, to escape means running by the ogre. They all rush at once. The warforged grabs one and holds him. The monk trips one up and tries to pin him but has a hard time since he is in the cell. The Ogre easily grabs one and a splat of blood from inside suggests he has torn him apart. It bellows in rage and fear again and resumes pounding at the boards and reinforced door.

The creature has forced the cell to skid on an angle. The one barbarian spots a space of eight inches and tries to squeeze through. A wild pitch of the ship and a mis-strike by the creature causes the bars to swing in and crushes the barbarian. Fully enraged, the barbarian howls in anger and pain like a bear in a steel trap. The section that once secured the bars top the wall has now embedded itself into his chest and shoulder region. Blood freely runs out of the wound. Once the warforged is done with his guard, he returns to aiding the creature and the other barbarian to attacking the cell. The vibration nearly makes the trapped human pass out but he doesn’t and finally peels free into the empty space. The area here is steamy and hot from a glowing guard. The barbarian has other concerns on his mind than why the guard is hot and glowing. Then rapidly cooling off.

It was a good thing Boddynoc checked to see if guards were after the crossbows. Instead of that, he saw how his heat metal spell was about to ignite the ship on fire. Concentrating through the chaos, he castes a spell to cool the armor off quickly. He notes that a prisoner has fallen out of the cell near by. The ill barbarian and warforged next to him also see this and begin to attack their bars also.

The gnome in fine silken clothes comes up to Boddynoc’s cell and tries to pick the heavy lock.

“Who are you?” he asks the gnome.

“The Trust” is the only answer he gives as if that should explain everything. It must because Boddynoc stops and waits quietly.

Guards stream down one set of stairs and down another set. Chaos begins at one stairway as guards are both trying to escape and enter through the use of it. The other side, they rush just as the cell gives a mighty screeching sound and slides on the blood and gore created by the ogre. The warforged turns and dares the guards to attack.

They do.

Guri unlocks his arcane lock and the mundane special lock then prepares to rush. He opens and pushes the door slightly before rushing a few feet down and up the stairs a group of guards just emptied from. Inside the dark unlit room a quiet cockle sound is heard. Red eyes pierce the darkness and stare at the escape route presented to it.

BOOOOOOOM-OOOOM-OOOOM thunders the lightning and the ship as it rides from the top of one wave onto another. Balair is either a very good sailor or very lucky. The crew on the deck tries to contain the fire and the damage. They don’t see the rogue crouch by the stairs listening to the chaos within. They don’t see him jump back as a person reaches the stairs either.

Guri climbs the stairs and reaches the wind swept deck. The driven rain hurts his eyes then distant lightning lights up the form of Cedious. His strike occurs as the thunder reaches the ship.

BOOOOMMMMMMM.

Guri stumbles a few steps. Just as before, Cedious can’t get a good shot in with the unpredictable motion of the ship. That’s okay. He’ll take him one piece at a time.

“Get back!” yells the Gnome to Boddynoc. Without question he does and there is a soft poof sound at the lock. Nothing happens then steam rises. Liquid runs out and as it touches the wooden floor scores it. Acid.

Boddynoc kicks open the kick for effect. Both gnomes stagger to the closest body of an armored guard. They find the keys and begin with the mage manacles first.

“There is something even more dangerous than that ogre or the storm outside on board this ship. I have to find it.” Says the gnome as he hands the keys to Boddynoc. Again, a statement that seems to answer all questions going through Boddynoc’s fast mind.

The one warforged, the one that waited unmoving and ever alert for an opportunity for escape spots the guard in the furthest back stiffen then ….become stone?

“This is a mad dream on a mad ship” says the large fighter.

He and the barbarian strike down a guard then they see what is causing the new trouble. A large featherless ugly red-eyed turkey …and its attacking people!

Boddynoc frees the other warforged and a barbarian. Finally he reaches the monk (based on effective hand to hand skills) but the monks holds his action. His cell is dangerously close to the ogre’s long reach.

Meanwhile, the other large creature has gotten out of the holding cells and makes way to escape.

BOOOM! KRA-KA-KA- BOOOOOOM! And night becomes day as lightning again strikes the largest mast. It splits and breaks free. Fortunately, even on fire, it falls and frees itself over the edge without causing any loss of life to the crew above. However, now Belair has only two masts remaining and it was the strongest one that was destroyed. He hopes this is the worst of it as the ship crashes and vibrates again as it hits another high wall of water head on. He can not take the time to study the clouds, movement of lightning, the crew or where that murderous halfling went.

“Damn you …halfling…” is Guri’s last words before his limb body falls and then is swept up by a wall of water and taken overboard. The same water nearly takes Cedious except for he stumbles and is washed down into the stairway. At the bottom, he tries to make it look like he meant to do that.

The ugly turkey (Cockatrice for those unsure) tries repeatedly to turn the warforged into stone but fails until he is finally stomped on by the warforged. The barbarian rushes out past him and is driven back by the ogre’s reaching arms. It screams in terror.

[DM NOTE- If anyone understood Giant- he is crying like a girlie-man]

Boddynoc grabs all the cross bows and begins to line them up in a row about fifteen feet from the cell door. He yells to the Trust agent that he will enchant some of these with Bane-Giant. He wants him to then reload bolts as he uses them. A good plan. Except for one thing- the conditions of their environment.

Boddynoc fires off a series of four shots. The wild pitching of the ship, the greased floor and the cover the ogre has makes him a surprising hard target to hit. He finally strikes the outreached hand. As if stung by a bug, the ogre shakes his wounded hand until the bolt flops free and withdraws his hand into the dark cell. Now it screams in rage and begins to attack the walls again.

The monk uses this moment to escape along with two of the barbarians. The third one has trouble breathing with a crushed chest and punctured lung but freedom is at risk. He is crawling for it. He knows he will die but wishes to see the sky when he does,

The warforged that Boddynoc freed hangs back to offer help. The other warforged and the misshapen creature make for the hallway.

Cedious looks into the open door. It is dark. He breaks free the light source in the hallway and shines it into the room.

Crates. Noting it may have valuables to loot later; he goes to find Boddynoc. A statue of a guard blocks his way into the main cell. A bound warforged merely pushes into it and breaks it as it lumbers by. A really large and strange looking humanoid is behind him. Both are chained but uncaring of it.

The Ogre howls as a shot strikes it. The Trust member has a better aim and by using up all of the bolts available, takes down the beast. As he passes it he spits in it’s bloodied hand. “Dead is the feared Fracture Makker- killer of gnomes.” The sound of rendering wood draws his attention away from this moment of revenge.

“Boddynoc!”

“Cedious!”

In the storage room, the two large warriors are upending crates. They are looking for tools, equipment (theirs) and anything of use. They know the gnomes will unlock them shortly.

Books are found along with some fine clothes. The warforged then spots a crate marked: BEWARE FRAGILE DANGEROUS

If a warforged could smile he does and kicks at the crate. His metal soul of his foot catches the side and tears out the boards. A journal spills out along with a lot of padding. Several glass tubes with rubber stoppers also roll free but do not break.

Thinking about breaking them for the sheer destruction of it, he turns to it but then the creature finds his weapons. He leaves the glass for later.

BOOOOOM!

The Trust member is nearly knocked off his feet seeing the warforged standing over the glass tubes. He tries to scream no but the damned thunder is like a thing alive and tries to drown out his voice – and does so.

Boddynoc goes to them to free their chains though he is obviously hesitate to free the mutated monster. It bothers him…this creature of rage and strength.

hee- just played up how you were trying to stay with him so hard this time. I mean- lets face it- it was not easy riding that ship for 8 hours before the storm hit then everything you went through once the storm began.

Maybe I did over do it ..... :\

Cedious

First Post
megamania said:
hee- just played up how you were trying to stay with him so hard this time. I mean- lets face it- it was not easy riding that ship for 8 hours before the storm hit then everything you went through once the storm began.

Maybe I did over do it ..... :\

NAH the hard part would have been trying to steel stuff in a city that is full of gnomes keeping there beedy little eyes on me :)

besides i got all the party gold and stuff now so it would have benifited my drinking purse if i had decided to high-tale it outta there :)

but im not that type of halfling.......or am i? :]

EBERRON
01/01/05
SEGMENT 034
STORMS OF DECIET

DM NOTES-

Bemnol Freeder is indeed a Trust agent. He is here strictly to locate and neutralize the potent toxins and destroy the journal about how to create it. He has no idea whom Boddynoc is or what a Creation Schema is.

The new replacement characters to be played by Jeff, BJ and Jimmy are the two warforged and if you have not guessed it yet- a ½ Giant Psychic Warrior.

Looks like I have some work ahead of me.

I also have asked the players for reasons to be here. They wished to have ties to Lady Elaydren. The warforged were betrayed by her for reasons yet figured out (give me some time) and the ½ Giant may/ or may not be wrongfully imprisoned by Lady Elaydren. He wants it to be related to a family member’s death at his hands ….when will they learn?

All in all an excellent game session even with two players having hangovers.

Cedious

First Post
Sounds good andy....still waiting to see how you will incorporate that bugbear into more of the story line, its going to be interesting to see how jimmy and bill's characters interact with each other... especially when there is allready a little bit of hostility there.
and jeff and bj's warforges... don't see them having a differant personality then the last two but its allways fun having wanton destruction in a party....or at least it makes it fun :)

Also WE (not you) have been trying so hard for a TPK i wonder how long its going to be :)

looking forward to our next game session

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases