The Creation Schema:THE FINAL BATTLE FOR POSSESSION OF THE SCHEMA

EBERRON
02/12/05
SEGMENT 041
THE ISLAND OF STARVOS PT VII

The light seemed to fall forever and ever so silently. Then the light disappeared. Cedious smiled ear to ear.

“What did you …..”, Boddynoc looks at the pit then at the rogue’s face, “… oh no. No you didn’t. Not AGAIN.”

Cedious smiles and tries to look innocent.

The others move up.

“What is this place?” asks Balkroth. The columns of twisted images unsettle his nerves more than he will admit.

“Khyber Pit” says Bomnel quietly as if that answered any and all questions.

Everyone holds back at the doorway except Boddynoc and Cedious. “I can’t believe you. You have issues Cedious. Very deep and troubled issues. You need help.”

Cedious answers by undoing his pants and going to the bathroom within the pit. Boddynoc leaves in total disgust. He is deeply offended by these actions. Cedious continues to go then suddenly stops.

Hee-hee-he-he-he hee-hee-haw snort-snort Hee.

Looking down the pit while quickly dressing Cedious begins to lose his smirk and great confidence.

A set of red eyes is visible looking at him. Movement of wiggling things surrounds the eyes. The glint of a weapon shines in the dark.

“uh….uh guys….. HEY GUYS!”

The creature’s face is damp. Tiny snakes lick at its face. It’s own tongue tastes the fluid. Hee-he-he-hee-hee-snort.

The warforged rush to the pit. More combat!

Balkroth and Bemnol miss the sudden swoosh of something leaping out of the pit onto a column. They are concentrating too much on what they see climb out of the pit.

“The first thing that stands out about this creature is the massive saw-toothed glaive it carries. The creature’s pointed ears and moist, scaly skin mark it as an outsider. It has a long tail, clawed hands and feet, and a snaky, disgusting beard.”

Undaunted, the warforged go in to attack. After a powerful hit on the laughing creature, it disappears with a mild pop. A series of mild pops begin in the shadows next to the pit. 17 creatures appear from no where.

“…not unlike a molten mass of flesh oozing across the ground, it has a human-shaped head and torso, but its body is a shapeless mass below the waist. A permanent expression of anguish twists across its face.”

Boddynoc quickly begins to power up the warforged with Bane vs. Fiends hoping he judgement is current.
Bomnel fires a crossbow into the creature on the column now that he sees it. It does no harm. Then he screams, as the location of the original Bearded Devil becomes evident. Its sick looking glaive slices through his side.

Chief becomes powered up and begins to cleave greatly into the mass of oozing smelly flesh. Asunder goes to pin down the creature before him. Cedious attacks then moves then attacks and moves. He fears becoming cornered by these creatures within a small room with a Khyber pit in the center.

Bemnol and Balkroth take down the one creature. Bemnol is bleeding badly. The wound seems to be drawing blood out. He fumbles for a potion. Seeing he is taking care of himself, Boddynoc searches the creature (before Cedious can react to it). He finds 600 gold and a magical rope (Entangle). The rope he drops to the side but pockets the hefty bag. Cedious easily spots the 12-pound bag and carefully picks it from Boddynoc. He skips the rope thinking it is the simple rope that Bomnel had earlier.

At this point Boddynoc also notes the dryness of his skin. It is peeling and pale. Deep wrinkles have emerged on his arms.

The second Bearded Devil tries to teleport away before Asunder destroys him. Too late. Chief finishes off the last ones except one that leapt into the pit trying to get at Asunder’s back. Asunder now notices his injuries from the fiend are very painful and his life icor seems to be flowing freely.

Boddynoc aids him and stops the bleeding from the Infernal Wound attacks. He still feels a bit weak. Boddynoc and Cedious check out the remaining body of a Bearded Devil. He finds several potions and icor on it. These are put away for future use.

Bomnel, still woozy from his injuries hears something coming down the hallway within the green mist.

“Sounds like those spider eye monsters again.”

Everyone but Cedious go back to the hallway. After throwing a body or two into the pit, he then proceeds to finish his earlier business.

Four of these “…grotesque, misshapen head (s) that consist mostly of a single blinking eye (are) supported by six long, slender, spike-tipped limbs…” rush at them. As before, the warforged and the ½ giant form a line of defense, which holds these creatures at bay. They are easily defeated. No one notices Cedious is missing even as he catches up with the group.

The next room down they find a mess that may be the creature’s nest. It is made up of debris of stone, wood and various materials. Strangely, Boddynoc finds a Harp of Charming within the mess. He pockets it to either sell later or transfer its magical energy to something else later.

The next room is confusing at first to look at. There is a large glass wall that is filled with the thick green vapors. Small holes can be seen in the floor where the vapors rise. Three bowls containing unknown fluids are also there. Uncertain at what to do, Boddynoc begins to explore. He finds a trigger to open and close the glass. Before opening it, he makes sure nothing is within the mist that may attack them. He withdraws a button and the glass dissolves away. He waits for the mist to empty before looking at the bowls (Fort checks are already done). There is a bowl of thick black fluid, dark green and blue hued goo.

He studies it for a minute or two and a startling revelation comes to him. The green mists mix with the fumes of these fluids and become something else. Something possibly bad. Looking closer, he finds what he hoped not to find- a fissure in the wall- the same crack that the stirge were at. At this point, he notes his hands are stiff and spasm slightly. He fears what may be happening to him. Looking at Bomnel as he scratches at his own dry skin, Boddynoc fears for both of them.

The hallway leads to stairs leading down , or a way to the right. They go to the right.

“Do you hear that?” asks Cedious.

Last edited:

Cedious

First Post
Andy im having fun and all but i just wanted to ask you if your going easy on us because we have no cleric?

i understand that the gnome heals the warforged but that still leaves 3 non-forged chars that hardly even get hit...

im not trying to get you to do a tpk or anything but if i had to worry about the consiquenses of my actions a little more i might stop doing some of the more errr *cough* STUPID *cough* actions.
Hey or not you know me i like getting us in a whole heap of steaming dragon waste :)
And i really love making boddyknoc angry/sad/upset/depressed/mad/displeased/unhappy/imbarrassed/disgusted/hateful/resentful

im thinking next time we play i might start really making him dislike me.....and probably all halflings im not sure yet.

he's a gnome they deserve it.........better yet i might start on that dumb halfbreed who thinks he is so tuff..... :] :] :] :] :]

The answer is ....

2 Warforged with AC of 20
1 1/2 Giant that once powered up is nearing (exceeding) AC in mid 20's
rogue with 17+ AC

Gnome that makes a point to stay out of melee

Not going easy on you guys, just dealing with the min-max stats folks used. Also, for the most part, you have faced foes with no background on the party. This will change and once this happens the AC issue may no longer be an issue.

When we play next, you may discover some of this ..the hard way. Lady Terri is not impressed thus far.

Not completely off the topic- I am working on a neat project. Readers and players may have heard of it- The Creation Schema.

Assuming I can finish it-

Base plate measures 20 inches around and each of the five components measure between 4-6 inches. Made from a mix of wood, poster board, dowl pegs and paint / markers.

Figured if we were going to commit 18 months to the campaign I should have something to show for it.

If it works- I'll take pictures and scan them in somehow.

Cedious said:
Hey or not you know me i like getting us in a whole heap of steaming dragon waste :)
And i really love making boddyknoc angry/sad/upset/depressed/mad/displeased/unhappy/imbarrassed/disgusted/hateful/resentful

im thinking next time we play i might start really making him dislike me.....and probably all halflings im not sure yet.

:]

Poor ol' Boddynoc. He has his own issues if you recall.

EBERRON
02/12/05
SEGMENT 042
THE ISLAND OF STARVOS PT VIII

“Perhaps it is the underground river we saw earlier. Lets go.” Answers Bomnel.

Boddynoc has a brief thought of pushing Cedious in to drown him before following. He shakes his head trying to block the thought out of his mind. It will not go away. He looks at his hands again. They look diseased but very very dry.

They go a while until they find a room with several columns. The columns depict screaming souls swirling and mixing in pain and misery on the posts. Bomnel looks at it and wonders how many of these souls could be the various non-gnomes he has killed in the name of Zilargo and the Trust. He has never thought about what was to become of his enemies before. Why is he now? He shakes his head and concentrates on the sound of water.

Just past the posts there is a stone bridge that arcs over the very river they saw earlier. They cross the bridge. It winds to the left and right then branches in two directions. They go left and find the hallway narrows to 10x10. Following it they find another nest. Nothing comes out and nothing is found. Bomnel feels angry by this fact.

The PCs go to the other branch and find it leads to a completely black room. Their torches do not allow any light to enter and even the lantern allows for no light. Confident this is important, Cedious goes in. He hugs the wall to the right and carefully goes into …the darkness. The warforged march directly in. They sweep the floor in case of a Khyber pit or other dangerous pitfall. Balkroth will not go in. The complete darkness brings memories to the surface he wants forgotten. Boddynoc wonders why someone would caste a darkness spell here. What is being hidden or is it an ambush. Maybe the warforged creatures will find out. Maybe even be brought down during combat. He smiles.

Bomnel is no better. Only he frowns. He calls on his training to avoid mind-altering spells and psionics. He senses none. But something is wrong. He scratches at a patch of dry skin on his back.

Moving very slowly, Cedious finds a corner. He moves along again. He can hear the warforged daring a fight and cursing when no ambush occurs. It is another few minutes before he reaches the back corner. “How big is this?” he wonders to himself. He begins down the wall he figures to be the side facing the entrance. He hopes the warforged don’t mistake him as a practice dummy.

A full 25 minutes go by before Cedious finds the doorway leading to Boddynoc, Bomnel and Bathrock. Boddynoc, amazed by the dimensions involved in this permanent darkness spell, looks at Bomnel. “there are powerful forces at hand here.”

Solemnly, Bomnel says- “…and dark.”

“Comon guys- we’re leaving.” Calls Boddynoc into the darkness. A sharp curse can be heard from within the darkness. “Where the %#2* is the door!?!?!” exclaims Asunder. “I hate magic!” fusses Chief.

Boddynoc tells himself to remember he said that the next time he comes to him wanting magical aid. Spells of death and destruction to constructs float through his mind. He shudders and shakes it off. “Comon- hurry up.” He calls in. “Use the walls” yells in Cedious finding great humor in this.

Another ten minutes later both warforged constructs wander out. A look of confusion on their faces as they step out of the darkness that they quickly change to a look of confidence.

They back track to the stairway leading down. The stairs are large and deep. They go down and find a stadium or more precisely- an auditorium. There is seating for hundreds and a stage at the bottom. Looking around, they find ancient blood stains. Nothing recent. Bored, they head out.

Finding nothing of use, they leave these rooms and return to the mine. They search around the mines then leave. They found nothing else and are very tired. (they have been up for roughly 24 hours now)

During this time, Boddynoc discovers something. He has developed darkvision. He keeps it a secret. Some secrets need to be kept. This way they can be used to bring down enemies that know you well. He says this while staring at Cedious’ back.

Bomnel asks him if he is okay. His eyes look discolored. “Leave me be Trust agent. You are here just for the ride.” Bomnel wonders what has happened to them. Both he and Boddynoc have decreased movement and their skin is wrinkled and pale. Was the mist a weapon against Gnomes? Is House Tharashk secretly plotting against Zilargo? They must die then. Let their souls scream and wail like the ones on the columns.

As they walk down the trail in daylight, they spot a ship in the harbor!

“They lied to us!” exclaims Boddynoc.

“Let’s take the ship.” Says Cedious expecting a comment from Boddynoc. None comes which surprises him for a moment.

As they get closer, they can make out the flag of the Finder’s Guild. There is a ship here already. It was not due for another week at the least.

Bomnel wonders if this is a ship for collecting Dragon Shards or for collecting gnome-killing gas.

They reach the village and see three ½ orcs and a small figure in full plate talking to the village leaders. The party pick up their pace.

On the way, they notice more damage to the village. A fight broke out. Looking further, they spot a mutated body of a dog. It resembles the Dire Wolves they saw earlier but it is clearly the leader’s dog. Bomnel notes the mutation of the family pet and wonders how this would be used against Zilargo.

As they get closer, they see the three large figures are ½ Orcs of House Tharashk. The smaller figure is a female gnome with the marks of the Silver Flame. The ½ Orcs tense up as they see the warforged jogging towards them. The ½ Giant looms over them also running. Boddynoc has begun to race ahead and is getting close to passing the three warriors. Bemnol holds back to figure out what is happening. Something is wrong here- very very wrong. Cedious watches and hurries after his teammates. He finds these events of chaos to be great and amusing.

The gnome says something to the village leaders and the ½ Orcs then concentrate on the PCs. With a raised voice, she introduces herself.

“My name is Terri. I am to help you.” Her eyes refocus on Boddynoc. “Him and the other gnome-“
She points at them and the ½ Orcs brace themselves for the wall of armor and blades called Asunder, Chief and Balkroth.

And thus it begins …….

Cedious

First Post
*waits for saturday*

i wanna play
i wanna play
i wanna play
i wanna play

*waits*

*wants to see gnome die, die gnome die hahahahahahahahhehehehehahahahah*

*waits*

*prays to a god, any god, a god that would answer to my request*

EBERRON
02/26/05
SEGMENT 043
THE ISLAND OF STARVOS PT IX

“Allow the power and purity of the Silver Flame consume any misgivings and malevolent intentions or impurities and give us our divine strength!” calls out the armored gnome as she castes a spell of Bane. Boddynoc doesn’t care. He feels an uncontrollable hatred of her welling within his chest.

Cedious slows down and comes to the frank conclusion that something is wrong here. Something very serious. The warforged charge in to dismantle the ½ orcs. The ½ Giant slows down as he notes Cedious is moving away from the battle. He also remembers the villagers as non-aggressive, maybe not friends, but not someone to attack. The ½ orcs form a circle around Kerri the Exorcist of the Silver Flame. Bomnel comes to the full realization that Boddynoc has changed …and so is he!

Kerri castes more spells to bolster the Tharashk Smite. Boddynoc gets into reach of the combat and stops to dig through his bag. The first thing he finds is his alchemist’s fire and throws it into the melee burning a ½ orc.

Cedious sits down and holds his head in his hands in disbelief and awe. The ½ Giant strides over to him and Bemnol walks over. He has a strange urge to combat the armored gnome but fights it. Asunder cuts down a villager in one swing and looks to the next target. The soldiers now support the cleric fully and try to stop the assault.

The cleric of the Silver Flame now sees that there is no reason to hold back and releases a ray of Searing Light into Asunder whom killed an innocent man. Chief hacks into another ½ orc. The ½ orcs return the favor and begin to cut him down to size.

Boddynoc pulls out the black goo from the fiendish halls and throws it at Kerri and strikes her. The contents splatter over her armor.

Cedious, the ½ Giant and the Trust agent stand back.

Deciding it is too late to redeem the gnome, Kerri attacks Boddynoc. She calls down a Column of divine flame that strikes him and Asunder. Boddynoc the Corpse Creature goes down in flames without so much as a scream. Asunder thrashes and twists then falls to the ground, his inner organic composition set aflame. He is dying. Chief takes down one Tharashk Smite and goes into the next. The forces that be surround him. He goes down in a heap.

Kerri walks past the dying construct that is Asunder and marches to the three warriors that held back. She stares at the gnome and is prepared to kill him outright as she did the other Chaotic Evil Undead creature.

“You are impure and diseased gnome. A fiendish disease courses within you and will make you into undead and corrupt your soul into doing evil. What you say to this?” The ½ Orcs walk up behind her then form a wall before her.

Bomnel looks at the smoking remains of Boddynoc. He had seen the changes. He sensed the wrong in his heart that was growing. The very feelings he is now experiencing himself. How can he ever aid or protect Zilargo and her people if he becomes an evil undead creature bent on death and destruction?

“I yield.”

A few spells of curing and removing later and Bomnel is sick and weak but no longer becoming a Corpse Creature.

Thus ends the Island of Starvos Adventure….. for now

The Tharashk Smite

Since House Tharashk (The Finders Guild) often need to go to Khyber Pit areas to collect Khyber Dragon Shards it made sence to me that they would have a specialized force.

The Tharashk Smite.

They specialize in fiendish outbreaks within their mining facilities and often have a high level cleric within their ranks. In this case a Silver Flame cleric.

Unknown to players or villagers, the priest had gotten out a message to Kerri before disappearing. She arranged an immediate trip to the Starvos Island Mines.

As a Silver Flame cleric. she can be a bit extreme and Boddynoc and a few others discovered this.

Now back to the regularly schelduled program.....

Cedious said:
*waits for saturday*

i wanna play
i wanna play
i wanna play
i wanna play

*waits*

*wants to see gnome die, die gnome die hahahahahahahahhehehehehahahahah*

*waits*

*prays to a god, any god, a god that would answer to my request*

and thus you are the only surviving original member....

Remove ads