Human + Half-Elf = ?

Harmon

First Post
Couple years back I made a character for my wife, the character was small, thin and had almost Elven features. She was raised by a man that said he was her father (he was human) but seemed some how lacking in confidence to that fact.

She became an adventurer taking up her mother's bow, she eventually found her mom, turned to stone many years before- a Half Elven woman, the daughter of two half Elves herself.

I gave no benifits to her for this linage, thou I did (secretly) allow her to have better visual range at night under the open stars then the other human PCs.

I think a better question might be- what of the Half Elf full blooded Elf combination, what would a 7/8ths child have?

the Jester

Legend
IMC, there's a large area that used to be a 'half-elf' nation, but these half-elves were really mixed blood between elves and humans, averaging about half. I always ruled that 3/4 elves were treated mechanically like elves, and 1/4 elves are treated mechanically like humans.

Sejs

First Post
What's really funky is that there's a 25% chance that the child of a half-elf and a half-orc will be fully human.
----
that's actually a kinda cool character background ....

Heh, and you name him Ogrek :p

Scharlata

First Post
MissCalculation said:
[...] I'm totally unsure about this and would be glad about some answers or suggestions. [...]

Hi!

I ever since truly believed that half-elves were sterile. :eek: :heh:

Kind regards und schöne Grüße aus Köln

ARandomGod

First Post
Vorith said:
now, you get to roll the 50-50 to see whether its a boy or a girl ;)

Nope, 60/40, there are statistically more girls born than boys.

Wait, these are elves... 40/60 then. We want more female elves!

Andor

First Post
It depends how strong you want to make elven 'blood'. Fer example in LoTR Elrond half elven was actually only 1/4 elven. He married an elf and his kids seem to be full on elves.

There is that line of nobles from the south who decended from the 3rd pairing of humans and elves whose elven blood was still evident during the war of the rings. For that matter Aragorn (Elronds second cousin 48 times removed) was pretty spiffy but it's unclear if that's due to his elven heritage or the lingering blessings of numenor.

Of course genetics gives the answers everyone else has given, but this is fanatsy. In a world that contains griffens and hippogriffs there isn't any need to assume genetics work the way they do here.

-Andor

Last edited:

Remove ads