The Dance of Souls

Patlin

Explorer
Banion Lorish

Airwhale said:
"Oh, look. Little people. Don't see too many of those around here."

Banion mumbles "Couldn't tell that from the common room an hour ago. oversized folk were in the minority then."

He peaks back through the door, wondering whether Rose Marie will join them. Maybe it's time for a team of Halflings to show these big folk what's what.

Creamsteak

Explorer
After having spent a few minutes asking Joe what the hell the blonde man said that sent people into the back room, Gur comes in, quite possible tracking a bit of mud in behind.

"My names gur. I track stuff. Big stuff mostly, though I can track small stuff in a pinch. I'm also good enough with a bow, though I'm pretty far from the best. What language is it that the blonde guy speaks? I can't understand a word of it. Buncha silly fribbled elf-speak isn't it? Yeah, that's what it is."

Airwhale

First Post
Sam mutters under his breath:

"Of course I know what planet we are on... Just didn't know what building I was in, is all... could have happened to anyone."

Knight Otu

First Post
The blonde man arcs an eyebrow at Gur's appearance and comment, and says somewhat angrily "Well, Mister Gur, if you consider the noble accent to be... elf-speak, then yes." Now calmer, he continues "Godo, my deer freend, woold yoo pleese tell ze attendees of oor problem? I zink zey vill be suited for ze task."

Godo confirms, then turns to the gathered adventurers "As I stated earlier, Seran and I are collectors of art. Seran's gallery consists mainly of grandiose paintings, while mine mostly comprises excuisite statues and figurines. Recently we were victims of purloiners, guards in our employ who stole a priceless piece from each of our galleries, parts of the collection called Dance of Souls.
While we do not know exactly where the two men have fled, but from their preferences we can be reasonably sure they hide out in the wilderness. We hired them a few years ago, independently of course, in the city of Lathirn, a place of base villainy, as a chance for a new life. We heard rumors that they passed through the city again, but nothing more substantial.

The task we would hire you for would be to find the thieves, bring them to their rightful justice, and return the pieces they stole to us. We are willing to pay 6000 gold pieces, divided among you, for this."

"And ahnozer 1000 eef yoo manage to find hints zat may leed to ozer peeces of ze Dance of Sools." Seran chimes in.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Gur tries to pretend he knows what they just said, "Pesky purloiners, always taking our stuff. Those are those cat people right? I've heard of them. Yeah, I'll go get 'em good. No worries. They are like bigger cats afterall, and that makes them like giants for cats. Yep, tack up one more giant beast slain by the wild woodsman..."

"Er wait, did the blond guy just say that ahnozer 1000 and oozer in the same sentence? Dance of Sools? Damn... I think I'm confused again. Are we talking about big cat people, or 1000 dancing ahnozer oozes?"

Gur leans against the back wall and ruffles some of the massive dirt deposits from his vest.

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
"Seran a'Larat offered another 1000 gold pieces in case you manage to find any hints that may lead to other pieces that belong to the Dance of Souls collection." Godo helpfully translates. "Personally, I feel it is of little likelyhood, seeing how the two of us possessed the only two pieces commonly in the hand of collectors, but it is not impossible. And lest you be disappointed upon meeting them, while they certainly are large, the thieves are still human. They could not get into the habit of shaving, though, and may indeed be mistaken for human lions at first glance.
I trust we can count on you, Mister Gur?"

SlagMortar

First Post
"I would gladly lend my aid to this cause. Some people just can't be trusted to keep their hands out of others business. Hopefully they will see they are outmanned by this fine party and give over without much struggle."

Knight Otu

First Post
The nobles wince as they hear Gur say junk. "Please, the Dance of Soul is no 'junk.' It is a unique collection of art objects incorporating illusion magic." Godo then turns to Beamer. "Mister Glimmereye, if your optimistic appraisal of the thieves' actions does not happen to come to reality, I assure you that you are authorized to hasten their path southwards... that is, kill them if necessary."

Patlin

Explorer
Banion blinks as the enormous sums are discussed so casually. Rather than speaking and risking saying something foolish, he nods. He tries to make it a confident nod, but if not confident at least it's a nod. He will be happy to join the mission.

Remove ads