The Dance of Souls

Xaov

First Post
Contemplating for a minute Azaroth thinks to himself, perhaps if there is a divine aspect to the illusions presented, perhaps if needed an infernal counterpart will be needed to counteract it if neccessary.

I am going to make a Knowledge (arcane) check myself to see if I remember anything. *modifier +5*

Knight Otu

First Post
Seran a'Larat notices that Rose Marie is in the room, and asks "Meelady, why do yoo not introduce yoorself? Vee like to know who vee are deeling wiz."

(Azatoth: Knowledge (arcane) roll 16 +5=21)

[sblock]The Dance of Souls is a collection of art objects incorporating illusion magic, of unknown size, though many sources say that there are nine pieces. They supposedly were part of a dragon's hoard, but currently two are in the hand of collectors - well, were in their hand - while the location of the others is unknown.
A wild theory of some people says that the Dance of Souls may show additional powers if all pieces are together, but most sages dismiss this claim.[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
Banion Lorish (or his player OOC)

OOC: I notice that Gur is the closest thing we have to a healer. (Surprised, Gur?) Should we all chip in and see if we can buy a Wand of Cure Light wounds before we leave town?

Knight Otu

First Post
(Jeah, I noticed that too. Godo and Seran might be willing to give out an advance to cover potential healing and transportation/rations. Any more questions forthcoming?)

Xaov

First Post
OOC: I know this was your find Patlin but since I'm here I'll ask, so that we can move on.

Mr. a'Larat, I have spoken to all these people save for two of them and to my knowledge our healing capabilities are minor. Perhaps you and your companion would be willing to give us an advance before we leave to purchase some neccessary healing items?

Knight Otu said:
Seran a'Larat notices that Rose Marie is in the room, and asks "Meelady, why do yoo not introduce yoorself? Vee like to know who vee are deeling wiz."

Rose Marie nods as she's addressed, and steps away from the wall a bit, moving a little closer to those she knows. She clears her throat before announcing herself. "I'm Rose Marie Lightstar, and I'm I guess you could say a wanderer and stuff. I haven't had many real adventures yet, but I do... er... have a little 'experience' with thieves, I guess you could say. So hopefully I can help."

She pauses for a moment, a look of thought on her face, before she continues. "You mentioned that these two men stole your paintings, right? How do you know it was them? Did you see them take it, or are they just the most likely suspects? If just the most likely suspects, maybe we should check out the scene for any clues, to make sure we're tracking the right people. Maybe?"

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
"Zat is certainly a possibility. Vee can give yoo an advance of... 750 gold pieces. Zervant, get the money from my carriage.
As to yoor queery, Miss Lightstar, vee can say absolutely zat zey are ze zieves. Zey tricked or vounded ozer gallery guards in zeir crime... and zere is ozer information zat confirms zeir wrongdoing." Seran eyes Godo at that point. Before any of them can say anything further, Seran's servant returns into the back room with a pouch, easily big enough to hold the promised advance.

Rose Marie nods again to Seran. "Okay, I think that's pretty sure." Then she settles back against the wall again, thinking. A moment later, she speaks as she looks some spot off in the distance, "Okay, so we have two thieves, who used to work for you. You say they were paid well, so either these must be really valuable paintings, or they had some motive besides money to steal them. Were they happy working for you, do you know? Did they express any discontent at any time?"

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Banion Lorish, Halfling Soulknife

Banion waits patiently to see if there are any other questions. When he becomes certain that there are none, and assuming that the nobles dismiss the adventurers from their presence, he steps into the common room and asks Joe where they might be able to use the advance to get a wand of cure light wounds.

ooc: Gur will be the only one who can use it, barring an extraordinary UMD roll, but it is by far the most efficient healing item.

Xaov

First Post
Thank you, this should be more than enough to cover supplies. thank you.

Before we part ways Mr. a'Larat and Mr. Godo I would like to know. I am sure you would not want us to waste time but do you need us back by a certain time with the pieces in hand?

Last edited:

Remove ads