• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Entire post on one page?

devilish

Explorer
I'm guessing "No" but I'd thought I'd ask. I've got a 23-page post I
need to read and was hoping I could get it on one page and then "print"
instead of clicking 1, then print, 2 then print, 3 .....

Is this not possible b/c it'll slow down the server or is there some secret handshake
to do this?

Thanks,
-D

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Piratecat said:
Alternatively, click "Thread --> Printable version." It's a great tool.
I always get only 20 posts per page with that. Is it different for other user groups?

devilish

Explorer
Piratecat said:
Alternatively, click "Thread --> Printable version." It's a great tool.

Very useful - it hides sblock tags, which "download thread" unfortunately reveals.

But, this only does one page at a time instead of all 23.

Gez

First Post
A few testings...

[sblock]Hidden![/sblock]

Hidden too!

To be on-topic, I'd love a "download this thread" feature that would keep the HTML formatting and what not, rather than putting it as plain text. That would be the best way to archive threads. A "show entire thread as printable" hack would be a good way for that. As it wouldn't show any avatar or signature or other ID info (number of post, location, online status, etc.), nor the "quote", "quick reply", "report icky-bad naughtiness", etc. buttons, the load should be acceptable.

Or, alternatively, a filter to keep only posts by someone. Like, trying to catch-up with a story hour, show only the posts by the story-hour's author.

Last edited:

Remove ads