Who's a musician

Panthanas

Explorer
I played bass in a garage band years ago. I'm sure if I played now I'd remember some stuff but would need a whole lot of practice to be remotely good again.

I used to play synths in a band, worked on songs, etc. I wanted to vocals/front man kind of stuff though. Not bad, but the cost outlay for me was a deal breaker, eventually.

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
Does being a roadie count? I did lights for local bands for years (even did lights for some "name" acts that toured through and contracted out). I was told by more than one person that I "played" the lights like they did their instruments. I was often introduced on stage with the rest of the band when they took their bows... which was neat... lol

derelictjay

Explorer
I played tuba in high school band. Did try to take up the guitar, but I didn't have the patients to teach myself, same with the piano.

And as for singing, I can't, I've got a horrible singing voice. Though I guess my Adam Sandler impersonation of Opera Man is pretty good, it always gets people laughing.

I've also been told that some of my poems would make excellent lyrics for a song. Never tried that though.

diaglo

Adventurer
Crothian said:
Trumpet, Baritone, Tuba, Trombone, French Horn...pretty much the whole brass family.

ditto.
along with the coronet, bugle, and flugel horn.

i dated a girl who played a mean .... flute. :heh: :eek:

Last edited:

der_kluge

Adventurer
I play Bb Clarinet and Eb Clarinet in the Richmond Concert Band (community band). I've played clarinet for about 15 years now.

My wife bought a flute and I think I've played it more than her. I can also play fife (the little wooden flute they played during Revolutionary times). Also play Oboe, but not nearly as good on it.

I could probably play saxophone with some work, but I have higher standards for myself than that! ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads