Who's a musician

Stone Angel

First Post
Just wondered how many of us out there play a musical instrument. I would count singing as one.

As for me I play guitar(mostly rock but I also know a fair bit of jazz and a little classical), trombone(though not in years and wonders where it is), percussion, piano(well not really I just pick out notes and can play a few chords), and violin(haven't played for a while and don't own one any more, started to learn to increase my fingering skill for the guitar)

Anyone else creatively musically. I also write my own songs.

The Seraph of Earth and Stone

Boddynock

First Post
I used to play french horn - and am always saying, "One of these I'll get back to it."

I also used to sing with the State Opera of South Australia Chorus. These days, apart from the odd spot, I usually just sing in church.

Of course, I am continually playing the fool! :p

'Nock

Mercule

Adventurer
I have good rhythm, can read music, and am (or was at one point) mechanically capable of playing the clarinet and guitar. I appear to be, however, completely tone deaf and incapable of telling whether something is actually in tune. This applies to my voice, too, so I try not to sing.

knitnerd

First Post
Stone Angel said:
Just wondered how many of us out there play a musical instrument. I would count singing as one.

As for me I play guitar(mostly rock but I also know a fair bit of jazz and a little classical), trombone(though not in years and wonders where it is), percussion, piano(well not really I just pick out notes and can play a few chords), and violin(haven't played for a while and don't own one any more, started to learn to increase my fingering skill for the guitar)

Anyone else creatively musically. I also write my own songs.

My daughter,Eli-Kun on these boards,plays trumpet and sings. She has performed in Carnagie Hall three times. She made All State Band and won a Bertelsman scholarship for composition. She had to take a semester of piano in high school and is now trying to learn guitar.

Stone Angel

First Post
Knitnerd you must be proud. I am impressed. As for me my biggest performance being a yard full of drunken college students.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Well, I'm not a musician per se, but I do write lyrics every once in a while. I generally just write the lyrics to accompany an instrumental, prefferably to an instrumental that was made from a song. I use some software to combine them [my siging and the instrumental] together, then I burn 'em to cd for my personal enjoyment. I also make copies of my music for my mom and sister. They really enjoy hearing me sing. I don't like to listen to country all that much, but I find I sing a piece of country better than any other piece that I put together. I did my own version of Ty Herndon's Living In A Moment & I Know How The River Feels. They are my favorite pieces that I have sung.

Thanee

First Post
I can play the clarinet. Also won a few prices together with a classic folk group I played in some years ago. :D

Bye
Thanee

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I forgot to mention that when I was in High Scool I was in Chorus and in Ensemble. I also took singing lessons but I don't think I am anywhere good enough to compete against the big guys and get on the top ten list.

Remove ads