Who's a musician

MetalBard

First Post
Another guitarist

Been playing guitar for 10 years. Still playing, but just having fun jamming and making fun recordings on the side with people. With work and grad school there's really no time for any serious band ambitions.

I do like to write my own stuff, but I really enjoy improv on other people's stuff (or other people playing my stuff). Despite the username, I do like and play a wide range of music beyond metal.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
I played bass in an indstrial band for a few years, but only because the talented guy said there would be no live show without me.

I enjoyed it and the bands "rules"...

• no practices involving moe than two members
  • No one allowed onstage sober
  • Money is split 4 ways at the end of the night
  • If a girl wants you to go home with her, the other guys will pack your gear for you (known as the "Martin is in the Band" rule)

Napftor

Explorer
Well, I started off playing piano and continued from, erm, a young age through high school. During HS I played mostly trumpet but branched off into french horn senior year. On the side, I was in our church's various choirs and currently participate in the Hamburg Community Concert Choir (for what that's worth--a 100+ member organization now in our 10th season). Oh, and lest we forget handbells. I played with our church's group for a number of years and then actually conducted during my senior year in high school. I gave up conductorship when I went to college but I've regretted it ever since. It was a blast!

Today, I still sing at church/concert choir, handbells, and play piano when the mood strikes me. I've composed several pieces for solo piano and a couple pieces for the handbell choir. Most recently, I've begun to teach myself the harp.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
I'm not a musician myself, but I have one brother who is an excellent lead guitarist (and plays in a Tuscon area band), and another who is a concert violinist. His wife (my sister-in-law) is a cellist, and her nephew is the guitarist for the Spin Doctors (the original guitarist, I think he's back with them now).

National Acrobat

First Post
Guitar

Guitar here. Metal mostly, although some rock a la Stones and Black Crowes seeped in as well. Played lead guitar in a band for roughly 10 years. Still crank up the stack once in awhile to feel the thunder.

Remove ads