Dice Questions?

Kevin Cook

Explorer
Here's a bit of a challenge for you:

I have a blind friend, that I'd like to buy some dice for, as a present. Do you know of anywhere that sells dice that can be "read" just by feel? I'm particularly interested in getting them a full polyhedral set, and a few (at least 6) d6.

Unfortunately I do not ... I know of a couple of d6's ... but a full poly set ... I have not seen

Matchstick

Adventurer
I'm surprised by that. It seems like someone would have poly dice for the sight impaired. Weird. Maybe Shapeways could make braille dice?

Kevin Cook

Explorer
I'm surprised by that. It seems like someone would have poly dice for the sight impaired. Weird. Maybe Shapeways could make braille dice?

I would have thought so as well .. and I will need them someday ... but even Shapeways doenst seem to have usable braille dice

EDIT: I have emailed my favorite Shapeways artist and asked him to consider this :)

Kevin Cook

Explorer
April 2012 Highlights

If you are not interested in new or rare dice that were inventoried this month ... Please ignore this post

Click on the unknown logo poker dice above for highlights of dice added in April 2012

*** BONUS *** I am offering a reward to the first person who can definitively identify this logo ... as I have 2 sets (different style) of these poker dice

wildstarsreach

First Post
Old Armory dice

I'm looking for 3 sets, one of each color. They are clear, Sapphire blue and Royal purple. They are from the old armory sets that Armory discontinued in about 1992. I have asked about this before but are there any vendors who have these dice somewhere in their haversacks.

Kevin Cook

Explorer
I'm looking for 3 sets, one of each color. They are clear, Sapphire blue and Royal purple. They are from the old armory sets that Armory discontinued in about 1992. I have asked about this before but are there any vendors who have these dice somewhere in their haversacks.

I do see them from time to time on Ebay ... the question is .. which generation do you want? ... 1st Gen had an A for the 1 on the D20 and the D8 and were sharp edged ... 2nd Gen had no A .. and were sharp edged ... 3rd generation were 'European Style' (rounded) and look very similar to Koplow dice

wildstarsreach

First Post
I do see them from time to time on Ebay ... the question is .. which generation do you want? ... 1st Gen had an A for the 1 on the D20 and the D8 and were sharp edged ... 2nd Gen had no A .. and were sharp edged ... 3rd generation were 'European Style' (rounded) and look very similar to Koplow dice

Not sure. 1 is opposite of the 20 so not 1st generation. They aren't a real sharp but have slightly rounded edges.

They original dice I had when I started playing DND in 77 had sharp edges. These are slightly rounded compared to that but nowhere as rounded as the dice today.

Kevin Cook

Explorer
Not sure. 1 is opposite of the 20 so not 1st generation. They aren't a real sharp but have slightly rounded edges.

They original dice I had when I started playing DND in 77 had sharp edges. These are slightly rounded compared to that but nowhere as rounded as the dice today.

To my knowledge .. all polyhedral dice were sharp edged in 1977 (same year I started collecting)

Good luck on your search

Remove ads