Gloria e Flamae Solei

tyrlaan

Explorer
Andeus Kilishar

Not prompted for additional information, Andeus takes his leave of the group and heads off to the nearest lightning rail station.

At the station, Andeus is prompt and business-like. He has never taken lightning rail before, but finds it simple enough to figure out which rail to catch. Since this is the first time he has seen the marvel of the lightning rail, a part of him swells with the curiosity of a child. Andeus takes no pains to disguise himself, which likely means he stands out a bit, but he figures since he is the only one of the group leaving this early, it shouldn't produce any undue attention or jeopardize the mission. While waiting for the train, he finds somewhere to sit and meditate.

This place is a wonder, but I have no time to indulge my curiosity. My life belongs to the Flame and to find pleasure in things that are not of the Flame would be a sin...

I am not sure the others have come to the conclusion that it is likely we will have no choice but to end the life of Father Cilain. It saddens me to think that one of the Flame could stray in such a way that the Flame would call for his death, but I will execute the will of the Flame no matter what it asks of me.

When the rail arrives, Andeus calmly boards, finds a seat, and returns to meditation for the duration of the journey.

Someone

Adventurer
Back at his quarters Agral tries to decide what to do to pass unnoticed. Then simply packs his armor and diverse equipment, and stores his bow reverently in the magic quiver. Wearing the same grey tunic, with the symbol of the silver flame prominently displayed over his chest, he walks to the lightning rail station.

He buys his ticket and patiently waits without paying attention to the levitating wagons covered in white lightning. If something crosses his mind, he keeps it under the cover of prayer.

LogicsFate

First Post
Ivan returns to his room grabs a sack and places in it his extra arrows and robes. Donning some plan travelers clothes, Ivan will head to the lightning rails. A familiar sight for him.

occ./I keep an eye out for the rest of the group, I wont actively try to avoid them but I will find a different train or area then them if possibly [occ./]

Upon purchasing a ticket and waiting for the correct train. Ivan will board and spend the rest of the trip staring out a window allowing thoughts of the past and possible futures wash through his mind. Glorious Flame guide my path

GreatLemur

Explorer
Lhulan Ceth

As it turned out, the research expedition showed Lhulan some new parts of the Flamekeep archives after all. Quite literally "new" parts, in fact, as he'd previously only been familiar with the deeper recesses, the mazy stacks of precious, fragile manuscripts, heavy with dust and the names of martyrs.

The well-kept building he visited with Judge Elohim, airy and brightly lit in the proper Flamic style, was a whole new experience to Lhulan. He's not used to looking up the histories of still-living Church members.

"So much violence in their backgrounds..." he muses to his Pious. "And so much talent, as well. I don't see anything about the wayward Father to warrant this kind of force backing our intervention. Our superiors must suspect something they haven't explicitly stated. Shall we look up these acolytes the Father keeps?"

Bobitron

Explorer
GreatLemur said:
Lhulan Ceth

Shall we look up these acolytes the Father keeps?"

Lhulan and Elohim:

OOC: There is little information on them, aside from the fact that they follow Cilain loyally. Grende was a farmer who lost his family to disease and turned to the Church, becoming a skilled healer. Fillia is a reformed mercenary, who left her former life of violence to join the Pax Flamae. Neither is noted as particularly stong in the Flame.

LogicsFate

First Post
Ivan Kurgoth

Ivan will keep a casual watch out for any thing unusually

ooc/ How long will the L. rail trip be? [ooc/]

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
Completing your preparations, each of you makes the short journey to the lightning rail station in Flamekeep. The building is one of the largest in the city that does not serve a religious purpose, a fact that the proud members of House Orien are more than happy to point out. It looms large, slightly out of place among the delicate spires of the Flamic buildings that dominate the architecture of the area. Entering the bustling terminal, you weave your way through the many travelers to find a large message board showing information regarding the journey.

Flamekeep to Sigilstar

Distance~ 0336 miles
Travel Time~ 11 hours, 13 minutes
Cost~ 168 Gold 15 Silver
Departure time~ 7:00 PM and 7:00 AM daily

You make your way to the terminal after purchasing your ticket. The train sits in a slight depression in the tiled floor of the station, a crackling noise rising up from below the floor. Boarding the train, you settle into the comfortable seats and prepare for the long trip. The ride is incredibly smooth, and the only clue to the fact that you are traveling along at thirty miles per hour is the slight rush of wind noise and the constant muted sound of electrical bolts crackling around the outside of the cars. Taking a meal in the well appointed dining room, you turn in early, getting some rest before reaching Sigilstar.

The sun rises early, peeking through the windows in your cabin to wake you. The train pulls into the station in Sigilstar exactly on time, a little after six AM. Gathering your belongings, you leave the rail station to find the inn Lhulan mentioned; a popular waypoint for travelers nearby the station called Kondith's. It is run by a scion of House Ghallanda, one of the highest ranking members of the Hostelers Guild in Thrane.

Kondith’s lies only a street away from the station, on a wide road chocked with early morning traffic. Merchants setting up for the days business, stevedores moving carts of goods towards the rail station, and members of the Church walking towards the many places of worship to attend the upcoming Mass of Silver Fire, which is to be held in about half an hour. Spotting a small chapel close to the inn, you enter for the short First Mass, the other clerics around you deferring to your obvious standing in the Church.

Once the Mass is completed, you head to the inn. The front entrance is currently being swept clean by a young Halfling in a plain but well-made tunic. A few staff members in the same tunic move about the outside of the building, carrying trays of food and fresh linens. The halfling sets aside his broom and stands up straight when he sees you approach.

“Good morning, Sirs. I am Felis. Welcome to Kondith’s. Do you seek accommodations?”

OOC: Please remove the price of the journey from your sheets.

GreatLemur

Explorer
OOC: I've been reloading this page, holding off on posting because I figured Ferrix would want to take the lead, here. But I can have Lhulan do the talking, if he's busy or wants Elohim to hang back.

Bobitron

Explorer
GreatLemur said:
OOC: I've been reloading this page, holding off on posting because I figured Ferrix would want to take the lead, here. But I can have Lhulan do the talking, if he's busy or wants Elohim to hang back.

OOC: Post away!

Ferrix

Explorer
Dismayed by the lack of information about Father Cilain's followers, Elohim turns to Lhulan, "you have been to Sigilstar, can you describe the place we are going to with great accuracy? We do not need to travel by lightning rail, I can get us there almost instantly with a little time tomorrow." Hopefully Lhulan can accurately describe a single, slightly out of the way location without too much trouble.

The lightning rail, although swift, does not precede the swiftness of a teleport spell.

The next morning, using that information, Elohim will seek out a holy font of water and cast a Scrying spell to visually acquaint himself with the location in Sigilstar. He will then beckon Lhulan forward, placing a hand on his shoulder he chants a small incantation, places his hand on the historian's shoulder and taps his staff against the ground causing Rishi to ruffle her feathers, with a dizzying flash of light, they are in Sigilstar. "We have arrived. Lead the way to Kondith's."

---

Upon arriving at the inn, Elohim smiles at Felis, "indeed, two out of the way rooms, if you'd be so kind." Nice to see that they keep it nice and tidy.

OOC: Sorry for the wait. Cast Scrying to study an area, Cast Teleport, Roll = 91, no mishap, not off target. Diplomacy roll for the halfling 4+16 = 20.

Remove ads