Gloria e Flamae Solei

tyrlaan

Explorer
Andeus Kilishar

Andeus stands at attention and addresses Elohim.

"Pious Judge Elohim, I will take the Lightning Rail and meet you at the rendezvous point. Before I go, would you like to discuss my capabilities and how I may most be of service on this mission?"

Ferrix

Explorer
"If there is anything unusual that your training would not explain Andeus then you may disclose it here, however, do not waste your time if you need to prepare to depart." He waits for any sort of reply.

tyrlaan

Explorer
Andeus Kilishar

Elohim said:
"If there is anything unusual that your training would not explain Andeus then you may disclose it here, however, do not waste your time if you need to prepare to depart." He waits for any sort of reply.
"I am ready to leave immediately if need be, Pious Judge Elohim. My training extends a bit beyond the standard teachings of the order, but if you have already been briefed, I would not want to waste your time."

Verbatim

Explorer
Judge Dathen

Standing to the side of the newly appointed Pious, Dathen waited for the others to speak and leave before voicing his own thoughts on their task. While on the surface, Dathen knew their mission was to be one of Diplomacy, he held little doubt that things would end with the death of Cilian, and possibly members of their own group as well.

~To die in service of the Flame is a honorable thing, but to die in a state of disgrace...~

Knowing that the time for reflection was not now, Dathen watched as the last of their numbers left, leaving himself and the Pious alone in the cavernous hall.

"You know by appointing two Judges for one man, fellow priest or not, that his sentence has already been determined because if they would have wanted him brought back into the arms of the Church, they would not have sent for me."

Ferrix

Explorer
Turning to the other Judge, Elohim speaks calmly, "your methods are well known among the Judges and I do not take it lightly that you were also assigned to the mission. We shall afford Father Cilain the chance to curb his folly that he has set upon, if he does not however, we are obliged to mete out justice that is fitting of his transgression." As the others depart, he beckons for Lhulan to follow, "Kondith's at dusk, I would advise not to be late."

Elohim will then make for the archives with Lhulan to research Father Cilain as well as update himself on the skills and abilities of those members attributed to this mission. He remains mostly silent, providing little but the swishing of his robes for Lhulan to contemplate about him.

GreatLemur

Explorer
Lhulan Ceth

As the Lodge members disperse to prepare for action, Brother Lhulan's initial nervousness drains away. He knows he belongs here, knows he can do this. He becomes his usual placid, efficient self.

"May the Flame guide Father Cilain away from his course," he says, soberly, as he hurries along side Judge Elohim.

"By the way, Pious, I suppose it's worth informing you as to my own skills and specialties." Andeus' example seems like a good one, now that Lhulan has the time. "I came into the Church as a scholar of history and relics, but in recent years I have served the Flame as an investigator. Of heresies, of corruption, of infiltrations in the Church. All very quietly, of course. I've been more of a spy than a Judge."

GreatLemur

Explorer
OOC: Heya, Bobitron? Is it too late for me to try and shuffle some stats around? I'm beginning to regret ditching my earlier heavy focus on Knowlege skills.

Verbatim

Explorer
Judge Dathen

Ferrix said:
Turning to the other Judge, Elohim speaks calmly, "your methods are well known among the Judges and I do not take it lightly that you were also assigned to the mission. We shall afford Father Cilain the chance to curb his folly that he has set upon, if he does not however, we are obliged to mete out justice that is fitting of his transgression."

"As you speak Pious, so shall it be done, but know that I will prepare for conflict before peace, and I trust that you will do the same."

His thoughts voiced, Dathen exited the chamber and headed into the city above.

ooc: More detailed post to follow on his actions in the city...

Bobitron

Explorer
GreatLemur said:
OOC: Heya, Bobitron? Is it too late for me to try and shuffle some stats around? I'm beginning to regret ditching my earlier heavy focus on Knowlege skills.

OOC: Feel free to move some stuff around as you wish. In fact, this will be everyone's last opportunity to make adjustments. This coming Saturday, the 26th, will be the cut-off date for any changes.

Bobitron

Explorer
Ferrix said:
Elohim will then make for the archives with Lhulan to research Father Cilain as well as update himself on the skills and abilities of those members attributed to this mission.

Lhulan and Elohim:

Father Cilain is a mid-ranking member of the Church who has made few friends. He recently started a sect of clerics known as the Pax Flamae, who teach a very passive method of converting new members and combating evil. The Pax has few members at this point, as it is not really in line with the feelings of most Church members, but has been quietly gaining strength over the last two years. The sect is regarded as mildly heretical by some of the more conservative members of the Council (and yourself, the more you read about it) but as it appears they have little political aspirations or aggression towards other members of the Church, the Pax has been largely ignored. You find that he has two acolytes that are constantly at his side, Fillia and Grende, who have been staunch supporters of Cilain since his entry into the Church nearly 15 years ago.

As for the other members of your faction, the combined skills of Lhulan and Elohim reveal the entirety of each member's service in the Church, coming across some things about yourselves that even suprises you.

OOC: Everything in the written backgrounds is revealed and more.

Remove ads