[Necromancer] Jubilex as OGC?

Lizard

Explorer
Greetings!

In the Tome of Horrors, it is noted that all of the book except for monster illustrations and the 'credits' section is OGC. In the description for the demon lord "The Faceless One", it is noted that he is also called Jubilex. Does this mean the name 'Jubilex' is free-and-clear for OGC use? (By a strict reading of the decaration of open content, it is, but I wanted to make double-secret sure.)

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Aaron2 said:
Yes, since the D&D Demon Lord is named "Juiblex". I've always mispronounced it anyway.

Aaron
Dang... ya beat me to the punch.

Juiblex != Jubilex; since the D&D version has always been Juiblex, I believe Jubilex should be free and clear.

But IANAL, TINLA.

--The Sigil

Orcus

First Post
Yep. Its all yours!

I always mispronounced "Juiblex" as "Jubilex" so we thought it was only right in bringing back the classic demon price and name him what everyone called him anyway, which also happened to conveniently let me get around those silly copyright issues :)

Clark

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Orcus said:
Yep. Its all yours!

I always mispronounced "Juiblex" as "Jubilex" so we thought it was only right in bringing back the classic demon price and name him what everyone called him anyway, which also happened to conveniently let me get around those silly copyright issues :)

Clark

Yep and in Tome 1 he was called "The Faceless Lord". In Tome 1 revised I inserted his name, JUBILEX (as we all probably called him growing up) on the "monster name line" so he's "officially" (whatever the heck that means) JUBILEX now.

Remove ads