Rules/Crunch of Eyros

Rystil Arden

First Post
Rrahask Sshasaar: Female Kohl'Tass Venerable Mother of the Kohl'Tass and Legendary Druidess of the Five Heroes, high-to-epic-level druid, covered in alabaster scales, this wise and powerful druidess has rendered herself immortal by binding her soul to the spirits of her homeland. She rarely leaves her sacred lands, although she has been sighted on several occassions in distant lands. Some legends place her as a foil to oppose the demon Taufenacht. In fact, she was one of the Five Heroes who defeated Taufenacht circa 4000 BE, but she was known as Rhalassa back then.

Ramu Erkon Dal-Garren: Male Orc (the name tells us, if not the description) Last Heir to House Garren, Aristocrat1, an eight-year-old orcish boy and a friend of Alivia from centuries past, Ramu was spared his House's utter annihilation by the Mask's intervention. He lives to this day unaged, bound in Alivia's precious emerald pendant

Saervyl Dal-Kiron: Male Elf Scion of House Kiron, low-level Wizard, born in a quartet marriage, he is currently the only full-elf to be born into a Pillar. Although he seems friendly and harmless, he is widely despised for what he is. His Chalkut'Dorun is Saint Lasair, and she has saved his life from multiple assassination attempts.

Sania: Female Fiendish Dryad of the Elder Bloodwillow, mid-level Necromancer, she initiates the Patriae Sicarii into dark arts and probably sexually, since she has produced half-gnome daughters

Skuldira: Female Vampire Gnome of the Midnight Cruor, mid-level Druid/Assassin, a greedy and murderous gnome who accepts payment as a hired assassin under several false identities, including the assassin Stheno

Sultan of Indracca: Name/Gender/Race Uknown Sultan of Indracca, mid-level Aristocrat, the 96th Sultan of Indracca, the Sultan has been attempting to rebuild the fading nation of Indracca back to it former glory. While Indracca and Eyros signed a peace treaty sixty years ago after the War of Blades, the Sultan fears that Eyros may be plotting to attack Indracca and with the Sultanate’s current state of decline the chances of a victory against the mighty armies of Eyros seem infinitesimal.

Taogrim: Male Dwarf King of the Dwarves, mid-to-high-level Psychic Warrior, circa 1500 BE, betrothed to Urtha, then Aelyna, but married Urtha. His brain was eaten by Urtha on their wedding night.

Taufenacht: Male Demon, speaking through the vessel of the fallen brother of Conquers Twice, he tempts mortals through the Cerebrum Crystal and the entity known as The Twelve, able to corrupt their minds and flesh and give them psionic powers

Tellas: Female? Elf, Mask of the Primal Oath, mid-to-high-level Wizard/Spymaster, Two people know of Tellas, herself and the current emperor; thus has it always been, according to Tellas. Tellas appears to be a female mask and manipulates events behind the scenes for the benefit of the emperor. Tellas has the outlook of a child, just like the other masks, but where most of them are docile, she is very exuberant and cunning. Tellas regards everything as a grand, complicated game.

Temera, aka Saint Lasair: Female Redeemed Succubus, low-to-mid-level Paladin of Freedom, redeemed by her love for a mortal, she started the Children of the Dawn in an effort to free the elven Masks. Her son Lusarum is a volatile throwback to his demon heritage, who has wrested control of much of the organisation from his mother.

Last edited:

Abisashi

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Taufenacht: Male Fallen-Solar, brother of Conquers Twice, he tempts mortals through the Cerebrum Crystal and the entity known as The Twelve, able to corrupt their minds and flesh and give them psionic powers.

I think you have this mixed up. I believe the brother of Conquers Twice was the slumbering, calcified demon from whence came the Cerebrum Crystal. Taufenacht talks through this. Thus, Taufenacht is not the brother of Conquers Twice.

Rystil Arden said:
perspicacious

I learn something every day!

Abisashi

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Mask of the Imperial Oath

What did we decide about the oath naming? As I said in the other thread, Alivia, Jal-gwuin and Tellas should probably be under the Primal Oath, which frees up the term Imperial Oath to be used on masks sworn to the emperor in a more modern style, like the house masks.

Abisashi said:
I think you have this mixed up. I believe the brother of Conquers Twice was the slumbering, calcified demon from whence came the Cerebrum Crystal. Taufenacht talks through this. Thus, Taufenacht is not the brother of Conquers Twice.

That was my impression as well.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Thanatos: Male Lich Gnome (in the body of a healthy Male Gnome) Cucullus Umbra of Praes Thanatos, high-level Necromancer, Thanatos allied with the invaders against his elven masters in 50 BE, and he has lurked in Eyrdeyn, visiting Mount Xarx to continue his research of the ancient elven magic ever since

Urdarza: Female Vampire Dwarf of the Midnight Cruor, mid-to-high-level Druid, a quiet, intense, and amoral dwarf

Urtha: Female Dwarf Guardian of the Cerebrum Ruby and then Female Illithid Broodmother of the Ruby Hive, high-level Psion, a dwarf of 1500 BE engaged to Taogrim, Urtha was infuriated with jealousy when she was replaced by Aelyna. Corrupted by the Cerebrum Ruby that she was charged to guard, Urtha consumed Aelyna's brain, married Taogrim, but then involuntarily ate his brain too. She retreated to the deepest caverns where she and her progeny became the first illithids.

Vajaros Dragonbane: Male Orc Legendary Warrior of the Five Heroes, high-to-epic-level Fighter/Ranger, the only living being in memory to have slain a dragon, Vajaros proudly wore dragonscale full plate that had been created for him by his ladylove, the hobgoblin armoursmith Lazkani, and his mighty double-bladed sword, Wyrmdeath, was a powerful weapon indeed. He was one of the Five Heroes who defeated Taufenacht circa 4000 BE.

Valjin: Apparently Male Elf Legendary Necromantic Enchanter of the Five Heroes, high-to-epic-level Wizard, a powerful elven enchanter and necromancer who always wore a mithral half-mask over the left side of the face. Wielding a mysterious rod that allowed the mighty wizard to personally command a veritable army of undead, Valjin aided the others against Taufenacht for his own dark reasons (some scholars speculate that Valjin was actually a female in disguise, using a magical half-mask to appear male, but no one can determine the reason). Valjin was one of the Five Heroes who defeated Taufenacht circa 4000 BE.

Vazya Krazan Dal-Zhal : Female Orc Scion of House Zhal, mid-level Aristocrat, infuriated at the precedent of Saervyl Dal-Kiron as an elf born into a Pillar, Vazya, perhaps among others, has ordered assassinations. Unsuccessful so far, she is attempting to contact "Stheno" which is merely a pseudonym for the murderous Skuldira of the Midnight Cruor

Verdania: Female Vampire Elf of the Midnight Cruor, mid-to-high-level Druid, like her "sisters" she revels in gore and seeks to spread the bloody taint into Eyrian soil, but unlike the others, she still longs for succor, companionship, and pleasures of the flesh. However, her lustful and seductive nature always end in the tragedy of a bloody betrayal. Under the guise of a circus performer, she has been travelling Eyros and corrupting young men like Kemry, so a string of murders have followed in her wake.

Vildaxaranthus: Male Half-Demon Advanced Tyrannosaurus, Vildaxaranthus is the sacred figure of a cult of Falgyr in Eyros, and is used as a story to frighten children. He has formed a loose alliance with Lusarum and lent the latter a necklace that will transform any elf into a mentally-stunted, bestial Falgyr on a full moon.

Xarkavan: Male Great Wyrm Red Dragon, Xarkavan has slept beneath Mount Xark for countless milennia, gaining power from the worship of fire. As long as he remains undisturbed, he shall hopefully remain asleep for countless more milennia.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
<This space reserved for more NPCs>

I fixed the problems mentioned above and realphabetised it all. I hope this helps everyone keep track of all the NPCs, and this will constantly change as new facts come in or things here are clarified. This is just one stupid guy's view of what the NPCs are based on what we have seen so far.

Oh, and perspicacious is a fun word. Then again, most people think I'm weird when I have fun helping people practise for the Verbal part of the GREs.

domino

First Post
Given that we don't need to worry about equipment, I figure statting out the T-rex would be fairly simple. But I'm curious. It's worshipped, but does it give a crap? Nothing mentions that a T-rex is particularily intelligent, and the Half-fiend template doesn't give any intelligence bonuses. So are we looking more at something like King Kong?

And if so, how advanced are we looking at? I'm personally leaning towards a 50 HD dino. But that might be a bit much. With the half-fiend template added, that makes it a 21 or 22 CL monster, even more nasty than the Tarresque.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Half-Fiend does boost Int, it gives +4 Int in and of itself, and I would probably say that since Vil is going to break animal Int from that, and is thus fully sentient, he should probably receive Awakened Intelligence and then add the +4 for Half-Fiend, so something like 15 Int. I would go for 40 HD because those last few HD (after Gargantuan) aren't going to work well mechanically (they probably shouldn't increase his CR at all, but then, they have to be worth something, right?). Also, since 40 is significantly off-the-charts for the Half-Fiend template, I would probably switch his DR from the one given for Half-Fiend of 12 HD or up to DR 15/epic or DR 20/magic. Other than that, apply the Half-Fiend template wholesale (remember that now he can make claw attacks with those stubby arms) and give him the Elite Array for stats instead of all 10s and 11s (replacing the Int reduced automatically to 2 with an Int +0). Now that said, why am I not going to do it? Feats (14 of them). And skills (8+Int mod per HD).

Oh: to clarify why the last few Hit Dice won't matter for CR, its because if a party can beat him up with 40 HD (and that's a *lot* of hit points), its not going to be that hard to take him with the extra 10 HD, since they won't really be adding any useful extra abilities. Vil will probably wind up being a CR 18 or 19 challenge.

Last edited:

Abisashi

First Post
Ninja T-rex?

domino said:
T-rex... but does it give a crap?

Probably; as a non-mammal it can't be ninja.

Having things that are worshipped gain minor divine powers could work out well for this setting, for this guy and for the dieties specific to each pillar. Minor stuff, probably, but it should demonstrate that he is, in fact, a worshipped being.

domino

First Post
As near as I can tell, this is what a 50 hit die, Half fiend Tyrannasaurus Rex would be like. He can also fly with bat wings the size of a small city, albeit slowly, and has an abysmal AC for what he's supposed to be. That is of course made up by his MASSIVE hit points, DR, and SR.

Vildaxaranthus
Guargantuan Outsider
Hit Dice: 50d8+418 (618 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares) / fly 40 ft. (8 squares) (manuverability Average)
Armor Class: 20 (–4 size, +3 Dex, +11 natural) touch 9, flat-footed 17
Base Attack/Grapple: +35/+48
Attack: Bite +49 melee (4d6+18)
Full Attack: Bite +49 melee (4d6+18)
Space/Reach: 20 ft./15 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab, swallow whole
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent, SR 35, Darkvision 60ft, Immunity to Poison, Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, and fire 10, DR 10/magic
Saves: Fort +35, Ref +29, Will +17
Abilities: Str 49, Dex 16, Con 27, Int 6, Wis 15, Cha 12
Skills: Hide +20, Intimidate +53, Jump +53 Listen +53, Move Silently +20, Search +53, Speak Language +11, Spot +53,
Feats: Alertness, Improved Natural Attack (bite), Run, Toughness (6), Track, Power Attack, Improved Overrun, Weapon Focus (bite), Hover, Wingover, Flyby Attack, Improved Natural Armor
Environment: Warm plains
Organization: pair
Challenge Rating: 22
Treasure: None
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Other special abilities.
Smite Good (Su): Once per day the creature can make a normal melee attack to deal extra damage equal to its HD (maximum of +20) against a good foe
Darkness, Poison, Unholy Aura 3/day, Desecrate, Unholy Blight, Contagion, Blasphemy, Horrid Wilting, Summon Monster IX, Unhallow, Destruction, 1/day

Remove ads