A New Power

Angcuru

First Post
"This is Miera Pannar, I read you. We've removed the transponder from the escape pod so you can track us as we head back to our settlement. Can your sensors detect how far you are away from us?"

OOC - Intelligence check. Aasan recognizes this name from his time as an Antarian Ranger. Specifics escape him, though.

Super Girl

First Post
"No need Aasan, there is no way I'm hiking across a 100 kilometers when we would need another 100 kilometers back, carrying whatever supplies we could get. Our Sub-light drives are functional, and I'll see if I can't recharge the ships power. More important though is just getting the repulsor lifts up and running. If we get them going, we can coast our way to wherever we need to get to." Kia explains.

"The repulsor lifts seem to be bad off, but between us we can probably get them going, and I think at this point, they are our number one priority. So grab your toolbelt, and lets get working, otherwise we'll be stuck here for quite awhile." Kia says to him, heading back out of the cockpitt, and down to the service tubes that ran beneath the cargo bay to get to the lifts. Once she is down there, she'll get to work on reapairing the systems that would let the Dawnsprinter float above the canopy of tree tops, and coast towards the Pod and the settlers.

"Mierra, this is Kia Obscura, your about 97 kilometers out from our current position, and moving further. Aasan and I are going to try and repair the Repulsor lifts, if we can get them running it shouldn't be more then an hour to your position, even coasting with minmal sub-light power."

OOC:
if Aasan heads down to join Kia, Kia will spend her efforts on assisting him since he is a touch better at repair work.

Either way, she'll keep at it until it works, or its obvious that it is impossible to repair it.

Last edited:

Galethorn

First Post
Jorran Kaarai

While he walked with the two refugees, Jorran turned to Miera.

"I was distracted before I could ask you earlier," he began, "but I sensed you were very strong in the force. You're stronger than most of the Knights and Masters I knew before the wars. I've met a few people in my travels afterward that were strong--some stronger than myself--who were born that way, but only a Jedi could be as strong as you are. So, were you a member of the Order before you crashed on this planet?"

G

Guest 11456

Adrial Strogg : Female Human Sethi Consular 3

When the word jedi is mentioned, Adrial turns to Miera to see what her reaction will be.

Angcuru

First Post
"I hear you Kia. Do what repairs you can, and we'll send someone to help you if possible. Just don't work outside of the ship after dark. There are creatures on this planet far worse than masliths." Miera says into the commlink.

At Jorran's questioning, Meira halts and faces the man. "You are clearly not fully trained, so I would not expect you to have proper insight into such matters. However, I would have expected that your master had taught you in your youth not to confuse power with morality." She resumed walking. "We will speak of this further once we are safe within our home, not before."

G

Guest 11456

Adrial Strogg : Female Human Sethi Consular 3

She continues to walk with the group. However, as they get within about a quarter of a kilometer of the settlement, Adrial takes off at a sprint. "I'll alert the others, Master Pannar." She sprints off with the news of the ship. She is very excited about the news and wants to tell the whole community.

Super Girl

First Post
"Worse then masliths...wonderful... Understood... We'll start work on the repairs, I don't expect us to have to leave the ship, there is more then enough stough to do inside until the morning, for many mornings to come." Kia says, and the comm-link carries the sigh through the transmission pretty well.

After that last exchange, Kia gets down to work, leaving the comm-link clipped to the top of her shorts. The girl keeps working until her stomach tells her its time for a break, and even then, she only pauses in her repulsor lift repairs long enough to return to the lifts with a pair of pre-packaged meals, with one for her and Aasan. Pressing the center button on them, causes them to open up, and the noodles in a naranja sauce with chunks or roast gorrnt to heat up. She indicates the one closest to Aasan for him to eat, if he is hungry, though she wasn't sure about how he would eat through a mask, or even worse, get enough gas to breathe, he might be on a pretty tight time limit. "Or you going to have enough gas or filters, or whatever to get this thing repaired and back to somewhere you can make more?" she asks after getting back to work.

Angcuru

First Post
After an hour so of walking in silence, Jorran, Adrial, and Miera see the forrested wilderness give way to a small stretch of plain, before plowed fields with small plants aligned in neat rows. A short distance from the fields, Jorran sees a high wall of lumber the likes of which he had only seen before in historical Holos telling tales of ancient and primitive civilizations. It apparently surrounds the settlement, as through a small gate at the northwest corner of the rectangular wall, Jorran can make out a series of huts, with a few people walking about their daily business.

Adrial takes off towards the gate, apparently excited over the day's events thus far.

OOC - Take a look at the OOC thread for a rough map of the settlement.

Last edited:

"If you can seal a room completely in the ship, I should be fine," Aasan says with a nod, and though Kia can't see his eyes or mouth, he's obviously distracted, "I need nothing to eat now...I do...I..."

He trailed off a moment, thinking on that name 'Miera'. Sitting down, he takes a few minutes to think on it and then sighs outwardly, which comes through as a scratchy noise through the breath mask, "I'm too old for this...I've heard that name before. Years ago...many, many years ago...probably before you were born. I just can't place it." sighing again, Aasan rubbed his cream coloured forehead before looking to Kia, "Lets just get this thing moving again and then we'll worry about things like breathing, eating, and old names."

Remove ads