CN vs. N: Chaotic Neutral Victorious!

PJSlavner

Explorer
Round 861

Fang easily tears through stomach lining (worst roll 25) for 49 points of damage. Fang tries to fly away out of the hole, but the worm bites (rolled 40) and grabs onto Fang (63 vs. 54 grapple), dealing 35-10=25 points of damage.

The worm chews on Fang for 27-10=17 points of damage, then swallows him (59 vs. 52 grapple). Fang takes 19 points of acid damage from digestive juices. Some more worms burrow into Fang (rolled 29 Fort save) for 3 points of Constitution damage.

The worm has 348 HP remaining. Fang has 10 HP remaining, and his Constitution is 9.

(I will have Fang take one last attack to do as much damage as he can. If you wanted to do something else, I will take it back.)

Round 862

Fang claws twice (once clear through squishy parts of the worm) and bites for 64 points of damage. As he tries to fly away, the worm bites him for 20 points of damage. Fang is dead, but he managed to take some chunks out of the worm. The worm has 284 HP remaining.

Next in round 862 for Chaotic Neutral is a thought slayer (Expanded Psionics Handbook). Happy slaying!

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: Oooo, thought slayers are nasty. Too bad it gets no really good psi-powers.

A huge skeletal, cat-like creature with a beak strides quickly into the arena to 50n20e. The vague shape of organs can be seen through the ectoplasmic goo that forms the creature's flesh. The goo trails away from the body in wisps as if swept away in a strong wind. When Tonks sees her prey, the hackles on her neck rise up quickly, forming a dorsel-fin-looking ridge of spines through the proto-flesh of its back. Her beady orange eyes focus on the worm and she gazes at it. She immediately shifts into the ethereal.

OOC: I think she gets two gaze attacks. One as the 'free' reactive action and one as a standard action. Tonks will continue next round by moving to a safe location (within 30ft of the worm), shifting to the material (as part of the move) and gazing, then shifting back to the ethereal. Is it possible to time compress? I see 5-10 Fort saves looming -- one '1' and the worm is history. :) Otherwise, draw.

PJSlavner

Explorer
OOC: Yes, they are nasty. Lawful Neutral is very happy they do not have to face that thing.

Now it can be told. A 35 would not have been enough on the Fortitude save.

The worm has no mind to lose.

A draw is declared at the end of round 866.

Psybo steps into the arena.

"Congratulations, Chaotic Neutral! You have defeated all of your Neutral opponents and will advance to the quarterfinal round of the Battle of All Alignments!"

Great job, Infiniti.

Gansk, does the quarterfinal round between Chaotic Neutral and Lawful Neutral start soon, or do they have to wait for all the arenas to finish?

Infiniti2000

First Post
"Excellent, my minions. You have done well. I am pleased I do not yet have to enter the arena. I would be even more pleased if I did not have to enter the arena versus LN, either. Drinks are on me for the next 2d8 minutes."

Gansk

Explorer
PJSlavner said:
Gansk, does the quarterfinal round between Chaotic Neutral and Lawful Neutral start soon, or do they have to wait for all the arenas to finish?

My preference would be to wait, but I may change my mind if we can hash out all the rule changes for the second round.

Remove ads