Chained Ray of Enfeeblement Question

Hannibal Barca

First Post
Does a chained Ray of Enfeeblement grant a save? The Chain Spell feat states that chained spells that don't deal damage grant a +4 save bonus to secondary targets. This seems to imply that spells with no save are not affected by this +4 bonus. Is this the case?

Staffan

Legend
I don't think Ray of Enfeeblement is a candidate for Chain Spell. For a spell to be chain-able, it has to specify a single target. Ray of Enfeeblement doesn't target, it's a Ray.

shilsen

Adventurer
Correct. If there's no save for the original spell then there's no save for the chained spell either.

That being said, you can't actually use Chain Spell with Ray of Enfeeblement. The feat only works with spells that specify a single target, and RoE is an effect spell, not a targeted one.

Felix

Explorer
We've house-ruled it that each secondary arc attack roll is made at a -4, and the secondary targets get Fort saves, also with -4 to the save DC.

I figure that's about right, though it isn't overly useful for a 4th level spell.

And yeah, by the rules, it's not a valid spell for the metamagic.

the Jester

Legend
There was a Chain Ray feat in an old Dragon iirc... or if not, there was one somewhere cause I have used it (hi there chain disintegrate...)

Remove ads