Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

grodog

Hero
I am missing it, or has the download thread feature now gone? Thanks.

Must be gone, sorry Trigo. Eridanis, any ideas?---is this an artifact of the recent-ish upgrade?

I'm worried about Mulissu being killed by Graz'zt again :( While I'm impressed with Eadric's faith, I'm not sure I see good with a ready-win, at this point. Or, instead of reconciling Oronthonism and Uedian beliefs, is the/an reconciliation between the Adversary and Oronthon looming, perhaps?

Alternately, if the eschaton is at hand---and that seems likely, given the possible Viridity looming as well---that doesn't have to mean the destruction of everything, but instead the world being reborn/remade/recast in light of Shaizan. Perhaps?

Regardless: great stuff Sep. Thanks! :D

Roman

First Post
Or, instead of reconciling Oronthonism and Uedian beliefs, is the/an reconciliation between the Adversary and Oronthon looming, perhaps?

It seems to me that Oronthonian and Uedian beliefs are already mostly reconciled... it's just that it's not official yet. Reconciliation between the Adversary and Oronthon is also possible (though the Adversary might merely be scheming, which is less likely to be said of Nature), why not have both reconciliations? Heck, eventually, Eschaton could result in the ultimate success of Shaizan, where all perspectives are reconciled... which would also be the end of Shaizan and perhaps the world.

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
It seems to me that Oronthonian and Uedian beliefs are already mostly reconciled... it's just that it's not official yet. Reconciliation between the Adversary and Oronthon is also possible (though the Adversary might merely be scheming, which is less likely to be said of Nature), why not have both reconciliations? Heck, eventually, Eschaton could result in the ultimate success of Shaizan, where all perspectives are reconciled... which would also be the end of Shaizan and perhaps the world.

Speculatively speaking, reconciliation of Oronthonianism and Uedism is a challenge to the status of the Adversary, as it opens up Oronthonianism to a vast degree of freedom under a flexible yet positive view of morality.

Whether the Adversary would see such a challenge as a positive or negative development is an open question. Would the Adversary choose freedom over power?

The nihilistic enemies arrayed against Eadric are not actually a genuine philosophical challenge, as there is no practical option other than fight. This does pose a philosophical challenge to the perspective of the Adversary. What price would he pay for power?

rantipole

First Post
Two updates since I last checked! Merry Christmas indeed!

Does anyone have the link to the thread where the stats of the characters are kept? I can't find it anymore. (yes, I know this is lame).

Thanks!

Cheers,
rant

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Relatedly, Sep, do you have any plans to publish Afqithan, by chance? I think it would be pretty modular compared to the rest of the Wyre corpus of materials, and would be pretty plug-and-play for most DMs.
I'd like to see that too; although, I'd likely build my own alternate version of Afqithan for my Mirrored Cosmology. I'd simply use Sep's notes as a baseline. Part of me thinking that my version would also be inspired by the 4e Manual of the Planes, which I'm definitely going to get, as well. I think I could build an interesting Afqithan variant based on combining the Shadowfell and the Feywild.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases