Will anyone else be glad when Star Wars is finally over?

der_kluge said:
Seconded.

I just hope the TV show doesn't suck. I wish Lucas would open up that license to other directors who might want to explore that universe. I'd love to see what Spielberg or Jackson could do with the SW universe.

Well, Spielberg actually did direct one scene in RotS...what it was though, I still haven't been able to find any information on, though.

Wombat

First Post
How do I put this?

I loved the first two films. I really, really like half of the third film. The fourth and fifth (now oddly called First and Second) were such massive disappointments to me that I cannot bring myself to watch the sixth (Third), even though the reviews coming in say, "Nope, not nearly as bad as the last two."

The Star Wars I had anticipated and the Star Wars I got diverged so heavily over the past couple decades that I am happy that my brother-in-law has dumped over the pre-Special Edition VHS tapes of the original trilogy to dvd. Now I can watch the unadulterated, no further movies version of Star Wars whenever I go to visit him and my sister.

No, Star Wars is not over. There will be tv shows. There will be more novels. There will be more video games.

But the magic is long, long gone. :(

John Crichton

First Post
Goblyn said:
I know this is possibly a dangerous place to ask this, but I must. Personally I've never been that fond of it. I do recognize it as an acceptably entertaining tale, but c'mon.
As evidenced above, it is not over. And even if it was, no I would not be happy - the universe is too darn interesting.

The only thing that is over is the original story.

Wayside

Explorer
It isn't over, I'm happy it isn't over, and I'd actually prefer the setting not be licensed out to more god-awful comics, books and videogames, although it will be.

Goblyn

Explorer
Those of you who say it will have no end make me cry because you are right.

Possibly it is so that Star Wars is not immensely popular thus easily ignored. It only seems that everywhere I look there is something to do with Star Wars. I was watching the evening news today and they had a story on it and why it took so long for Episodes I - III to come out.

Episode X , by the way, is the easiest way I've found to referring to them without revealing one's own huge geekery by knowing the titles to them all.

I just don't get why the series has such longevity over and above so many other things.

Oh, well. Maybe I should sit back and enjoy Episode 3, the sixth movie, Vader's Grad, or whatever makes sense to call it:p

Soel

First Post
It was over for me after I saw Return of the Jedi. These prequels just don't feel like they're even in the same universe. More like hack versions. Funny thing is, these are actually directed by Lucas, unlike the first ones. I love the way he re-wrote the story to add his new ideas in. Of course, he did that in the first ones too, (Leia and Luke as siblings.)

I would have maybe been interested in any post-Return films.

Flyspeck23

First Post
Soel said:
Funny thing is, these are actually directed by Lucas, unlike the first ones.

Star Wars (Episode IV) was directed by George Lucas. So what's so funny about Episodes I-III being directed by him too?

Remove ads