Will anyone else be glad when Star Wars is finally over?

Turanil said:
On the other hand, as much as I love the first trilogy (I mean: episodes 4, 5, 6), as much I was disappointed by the episodes 1 and 2 (don't know why, yet...).
I know why I was. And yet --foolishly, vainly, quixotically-- I look forward to each new movie with great anticipation. I've already got my tickets for tomorrow "lunch"; my wife will meet me out here at Dearborn where I work (and where there's a great theater that doesn't get much traffic during the day) and I'll see it again at least two more times in the theater after that.

Heck, I won't start seeing problems with the movie until at least the third viewing, if Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones is any guide. ;)

I'm not sure if I wish they would end or not. I hope they end well (here's hopin' Sith is better than the last two) but in some ways I wish George had left things as it was.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
As long as the stories and characters are good, I don't want Star Wars to ever end. Now if the EU (or the new TV shows) end up boring I'll be happy for it to end. Heck, I even liked Episodes 1 and 2 for the most part. Sure, they're not as good as the originals, but they were enjoyable movies.

Kane

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
I didn't realize it was ending... tv series, cartoons, and so forth. I love Star Wars, and I'm willing to give it a chance no matter what the genre. I may or may not think it's good, but I'm not going to write it off right away. UI'm looking forward to seeing more of it in the future, and simply hoping that the quality is good.

fett527

First Post
ron-burgundy said:
Star Wars isn't incredibly popular, there for you can avoid it all together.

You don't have to watch it, or write threads about not liking it.

You see what I'm saying?

I'm not sure anyone does. :confused:

JoeGKushner

First Post
By over, do you mean the movies? Dark Horse has been doing comics forever, the Clone Wars on Carton Network were well received. Del's been doing novels for a while no? I've heard that there's a TV series in the planning, a live action and a toon.

Over? Sounds like they decided to fill the void left by Star Trek.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Eolin said:
I'll be happy when George stops slaughtering my childhood dreams.

Seconded.

I just hope the TV show doesn't suck. I wish Lucas would open up that license to other directors who might want to explore that universe. I'd love to see what Spielberg or Jackson could do with the SW universe.

Arnwyn

First Post
Nope. I'm not with the original poster.

(Though, I have never seen a Star Wars movie in the theatre more than once, so I don't overindulge and get sick/tired of it...)

Remove ads