Murder is the Pits

Patlin

Explorer
ajanders said:
"I reckon I could live with the Wolfpack, but I'll bow to the wishes of the company. You can mostly call me anything but late for dinner."

Ironwolf objects.

"'Wolfpack' sounds like a reference to me as the leader. As Petra has pointed out, I'm not suited to that role. We should use the name to direct attention towards the member we wish to become popular."

ajanders

Explorer
Patlin said:
Ironwolf objects.

"'Wolfpack' sounds like a reference to me as the leader. As Petra has pointed out, I'm not suited to that role. We should use the name to direct attention towards the member we wish to become popular."

Michael shrugs.
"Rose's Thorns? Vanitri's Vanguard? The Four Investigators?"
He pauses for a moment.
"The last one would probably be hard on our undercover, but we could try one of those hide in plain sight routines."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, if you wish me to take the spotlight, then by all means use my name. Ros might make a good spotlighter as well, depending on what Petra thinks. I don't think the Four Investigators has a good pit ring to it. Would you fear facing the Four Investigators?"

ajanders

Explorer
Bront said:
"Well, if you wish me to take the spotlight, then by all means use my name. Ros might make a good spotlighter as well, depending on what Petra thinks. I don't think the Four Investigators has a good pit ring to it. Would you fear facing the Four Investigators?"

Michael shrugs.
"After we show them Mr. Groinless Stuffy, I imagine the men will run. And girls just naturally take off from me."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
After she is done speaking to Sunny, Petra turns back to the group. "It's actually usual for gladiators to fight either as individuals or pairs, so I was not planning on you being introduced as one large team. It will be natural for you all to stick together outside of the ring, though, since you will all be new." She calls over a stable boy and sends him running off with a copper. "Once we get to the arena, I won't be able to interact with you except in normal coaching. There just isn't a lot of real privacy there. But I'll answer what questions I can on the way, and we'll have one stop tonight to work on some basic lessons in being a gladiator."

The stableboy returns, leading a pair of large and powerful horses, which are harnessed to a light vehicles that could charitable be called an open coach, but really evokes the word "chariot" more readily. Petra grins at you all. "Hope you don't mind a breeze."

Bront

The man with the probe
"You mentioned equipment that we might be able to use. I take it that is back at the pits? And when do we finalize our gladitorial arangements?"

ajanders

Explorer
Kahuna Burger said:
The stableboy returns, leading a pair of large and powerful horses, which are harnessed to a light vehicles that could charitable be called an open coach, but really evokes the word "chariot" more readily. Petra grins at you all. "Hope you don't mind a breeze."

Michael looks at the horses, impressed.
"I hope so myself."
and hops aboard.

Patlin

Explorer
Getting on, Ironwolf braces himself to ride on the unfamiliar mechanism.

"If it's to be pairs, Vanitri and Rosalyn should each lead one. Michael and I can attempt to support them in their climb to fame. For myself, I have no preference which I follow."

Bront

The man with the probe
Patlin said:
Getting on, Ironwolf braces himself to ride on the unfamiliar mechanism.

"If it's to be pairs, Vanitri and Rosalyn should each lead one. Michael and I can attempt to support them in their climb to fame. For myself, I have no preference which I follow."

Vanitri board the strange carrage.

"I agree. I am likely more effective with a second person in the ring, but I think either of you two could keep lil'sis safer. I'm not sure which of us should pair with which of you though."

Remove ads