Ultimate Equipment Guide Vol II

JohnnFour

Explorer
Does anyone here own Mongoose's Ultimate Equipment Guide Volume II? I'm confused by the OGL statement on the table of contents page.

In part, it reads:

"All text is to be considered Open Gaming Content. All other significant characters, names, places, items, art and text herein are copyrighted by Mongoose Publishing."

So, does this mean that the whole book is open content? I'm confused by the word "other" in that statement.

jRocket

First Post
From the wording of it, it sounds like text is Open Content, while the artwork would not be.
A work can be copyrighted by a company and be open content at the same time, right?

Razuur

First Post
I would think that "significant" would inculde anything with a proper name.

Why not just drop Mongoose a line? They will let you know in a heartbeat. They are like that.

Razuur

tensen

First Post
JohnnFour said:
Does anyone here own Mongoose's Ultimate Equipment Guide Volume II? I'm confused by the OGL statement on the table of contents page.

In part, it reads:

"All text is to be considered Open Gaming Content. All other significant characters, names, places, items, art and text herein are copyrighted by Mongoose Publishing."

So, does this mean that the whole book is open content? I'm confused by the word "other" in that statement.

The wording of that is somewhat off.. usually they would have said Product Identity in place of Copyright. You wouldn't definitely want to confirm that with them, since the text would be copyrighted even if it was either Product Identity or Open Gaming Content.

Remove ads