Attack on the Bandit Camp [Concluded]

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3/ranger 1

I forgot Charlarn had that wand. :heh: Good thing we didn't need it. If he keeps the wand, does that mean he gets no gold?

Xael

First Post
"I could certainly agree to swapping a spell or two if my wealth allows it and if you find that I have any spells that interest you. And I would like to mention that I'll be looking into crafting magical items later on, so I might be able to craft something minor if someone is interested.", Nezrak says. Nezrak would be mainly interested in taking his share of the loot as money.

Spells known:
0th: Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Daze, Disrupt Undead, Flare, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Mending, Message, Open/Close, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Resistance, Touch of Fatigue.
1st: Color Spray, Disguise Self, Endure Elements, Enlarge Person, Identify, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Magic Weapon, Protection From Evil, Shield, Shocking Grasp, True Strike.
2nd: Glitterdust, Scorching Ray. (2nd level spells only after level-up, but that shouldn't matter unless we can miraculoysly convert gold pieces to special inks in the wilderness :D).

Last edited:

Hof

Explorer
Dioran looks a little overwhelmed at the diversity of spells the wizards have between them. "We would love to share our spells with you, but honestly - how is it done? We can read arcane texts with little trouble, but whenever we write a spell down, it loses all potency. Still, if one of you wishes to learn how to summon extraplanar creatures, and knows of a way to distill the knowledge from us, you are welcome to do so."

in regards to the loot:
"The wand is just a stick in our hands, so we do not need it. As for the potions, those are probably needed more by front line warriors. So that leaves only the monetary rewards which is fine by us.

OOC: This was a wonderful adventure Patlin. Thanks. I'm sorry I missed too much of it to be effective, but it was fun none the less.

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

"I'd like scorching ray, shocking grasp, and magic weapon. Anyone up for trading for any of these?

OOC: I must admit, it doesn't seem right for Charlarn to get no gold if he gets the wand. The wand benefits the whole party, whatever party that is. Perhaps we should half the value Rinaldo gave it for the purpose of dividing treasure.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Manzanita said:
"I'd like scorching ray, shocking grasp, and magic weapon. Anyone up for trading for any of these?

OOC: I must admit, it doesn't seem right for Charlarn to get no gold if he gets the wand. The wand benefits the whole party, whatever party that is. Perhaps we should half the value Rinaldo gave it for the purpose of dividing treasure.

ooc: the problem is that due to the nature of LEW, we may not be the party next time. I'm ok with halving the cost of the wand, but Sara won't be pitching in for healing again in the future if the cleric is gonna end up with a full wand for half price.... If it had been used up even a quarter way, that would be one thing, or if Sara and Carlarn had hit it off sufficiently that she expected to be picking up the next adventure with him by default that would be another entirely, but I dunno....

Actually, if Charlarn doesn't want the wand, Sara herself would be willing to pay for it at full price, or split the cost with Iggy. Then on their next adventure, they could give it to whoever could use it on loan to help their current party. Just because she herself can't use it doesn't mean that it wouldn't be useful to her on her next adventure. And she does tend to plunge into the thick of things, so having extra healing it A Good Thing. ;)

Knight Otu

First Post
Velmont said:
He takes out the scroll he had made note on it the day earlier.

Code:
[B]Ashnar:[/B]
Wand of CLW: -150 gp
[B]Charlarn:[/B]
[B]Dioran:[/B]
[B]Ignatious:[/B]
[B]Nezrak:[/B]
-
[B]Rinaldo:[/B]
[B]Sara:[/B]
Wand of CLW: -300 gp
[B]Tenebrynn:[/B]
-

[B]Loot:[/B]
Wand of CLW: 750 gp
Money left after the wand have been bought: 300 gp
Money from loot: 4 450 gp
Potions of CLW (3): 450 gp
Debt: - 1 050gp

Total: 4 900 gp

Part: 612 gp, 5 sp
(
Just making sure I understood every, and maybe clear up any confusion...
The loot and the bounty add up to 4450 gp. The leftover from the wand buy is 300, for a total of 4750 gp. From the 4750, everyone gets back the debt from buying the wand. Totals so far:
Ashnar, Charlarn, Dioran, Ignatious, Rinaldo: 150 gp
Nezrak and Tenebrynn: 0 gp
Sara: 300 gp
This reduces the loot to 3700. Then come the wand and the potions, valued at 450 and 750 gp each. Total 4900. Divided by eight, this gives the 612 gp and 5 sp. Assuming these items are sold, that gives the following totals and minima:
Ashnar, Charlarn, Dioran, Ignatious, Rinaldo: 762 gp 5 sp/150 gp
Nezrak and Tenebrynn: 612 gp 5 sp/0 gp
Sara: 912 gp 5 sp/300 gp
The minima are of course identical to the "dept" from buying the wand. Taking either the wand or one of the potions reduces the total that character receives, but not below the minimum, meaning Charlarn would get a minimum of 150 gp if he keeps the wand.
Everything correct?
)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Knight Otu said:
(
Just making sure I understood every, and maybe clear up any confusion...
The loot and the bounty add up to 4450 gp. The leftover from the wand buy is 300, for a total of 4750 gp. From the 4750, everyone gets back the debt from buying the wand. Totals so far:
Ashnar, Charlarn, Dioran, Ignatious, Rinaldo: 150 gp
Nezrak and Tenebrynn: 0 gp
Sara: 300 gp
This reduces the loot to 3700. Then come the wand and the potions, valued at 450 and 750 gp each. Total 4900. Divided by eight, this gives the 612 gp and 5 sp. Assuming these items are sold, that gives the following totals and minima:
Ashnar, Charlarn, Dioran, Ignatious, Rinaldo: 762 gp 5 sp/150 gp
Nezrak and Tenebrynn: 612 gp 5 sp/0 gp
Sara: 912 gp 5 sp/300 gp
The minima are of course identical to the "dept" from buying the wand. Taking either the wand or one of the potions reduces the total that character receives, but not below the minimum, meaning Charlarn would get a minimum of 150 gp if he keeps the wand.
Everything correct?
)

er, that would create money we do not have.... if one person gets the wand (and as I said, sara would be willing, so it doesn't have to be something we're making charlarn do) either everyone else's share would be reduced by a small amount, or the person who took it would have to pay a little out of the investment return.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: You are right on the total amount each receive, but that is the value of his part. As KB says, we don't want to create money, so the person who take the wand see his money reqrd reduce by 750 (which would force Tenebrynn or Nezrak to pay some money to the group). If Sara take it, she will have left 162 gp and 5cp and a brand new wand.

And don't forget, the wand can be sold back to the next group you'll be in. At least, it is what Rinaldo would have done. So there is always a way to get it back. And if we would have spent some charge on it, it would have reduce his value by that amount, so everyone would have paid the used charges.

And who takes the two other potions? If no one takes them, I can take it...

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Velmont said:
And who takes the two other potions? If no one takes them, I can take it...

If the cleric is taking the wand, sara will pay for a cure moderate potion. (and will pay the cleric some money back if they end up going on their next adventure together.) If he doesn't want it, Sara will buy the wand and no potion (possibly split with iggy)

Knight Otu

First Post
(Ah, yes, I thought there was something fishy in my calculations, I failed to account for the fact that we can't sell the wand for that price. :uhoh: )

Remove ads