I ran my first game yesterday!

sniffles

First Post
I ran my first D&D adventure yesterday as a GM. I've been a player for about 11 years, and I decided to give it a try from the other side of the screen.

I had my 2 players make 2 characters each, and commanded them not to have any player collusion. We ended up with 2 clerics, a fighter, and a fighter/barbarian. The toughest PC in the party turned out to be the halfling with a 20 Str and Power Attack! :D

I think the halfling killed 3 of my wolves by himself - and somehow the wolves never managed to succeed on their trip attacks. My monsters equipped with whirlwind attack ended up being last in initiative order, and the power-attacking fighters (the other fighter had power attack too) pulped them before they could attack once. The PCs skipped an entire level of the crypt by crawling down a hole where the floor had collapsed. And they avoided a trap by making successful spot checks and noticing the traces left by previous victims.

But we all had a good time anyway. I may run the rest of the adventure on Friday and see what else they can do to mess up my plans. :lol:

Soon you'll be having discussions about the causal nature of magic!

Or, at least you'll tell us about your latest character. :)

Glad to see someone else discover this um... addiction? hobby?

joe b.

derbacher

Explorer
I've just got to say, How Cool Is That? Run your first game, then have Monte himself be the first to congratulate you! (Where were you 27 years ago when I ran MY first game?!!) :lol:

Quick! Start the clock before the first DM/player problem starts! ;)

Another joins the fold...another shall never escape. Of course, since your running the games you have a certain power over the others. Only let it go to your head when it is completely necessary to teach the PCs a lesson(i.e. at least once a session ;))

sniffles

First Post
Monte At Home said:
Congratuations!

To quote Obi-Wan, "You've taken your first step into a larger world."

DMing is the greatest.

Woohoo!!! Thanks, Monte!
This goes in my scrapbook alongside Harlan Ellison calling me a b*tch and having jury duty with Ursula LeGuin!

:D :D :D

BSF

Explorer
Hey, congratulations! I'm not famous like Monte, but I have been running games for a while. Welcome to the DM fold. I hope you have tons of fun game running experiences.

reveal

Adventurer
Congrats! Welcome to the world of fighting, whining, crying, and having the most fun you'll ever have fully clothed! ;)

MadMaxim

First Post
reveal said:
Congrats! Welcome to the world of fighting, whining, crying, and having the most fun you'll ever have fully clothed! ;)
I couldn't have said it better myself :) Congratulations on a succesful session and I hope many more will follow.

Smart

First Post
You mean you guys DM fully cl... nevermind...;)

Congratulations! DMing can be an incredibly rewarding experience - and even when it's not you'll keep coming back for more. Welcome to the ranks of the dreamers.

Remove ads