I ran my first game yesterday!

IronWolf

blank
Congratulations Sniffles! Running games opens up a whole new view of RPGs. Plus you will rarely be without a game if you are willing to run them. Enjoy the GM'ing!

TheGM

First Post
Congratulations Sniffles!

Welcome to the thing you will love and hate the most :D. Depending upon the day. And the players. And the ruleset. And...

RedWick

First Post
First game I ever really *ran* (outside of when I was much younger and had my friends roll up some characters then futzing around for a few hours while nothing was accomplished), lasted for a year and a half. Everybody enjoyed it. There's something satisfying in watching everything all come together. Good luck!

sniffles said:
This goes in my scrapbook alongside Harlan Ellison calling me a b*tch and having jury duty with Ursula LeGuin!

Wow. While I'm sure 3-4 people a day get called nasty names by Harlan*, I'm betting not many can claim the the LeGuin jury duty story (well, maybe 10 others, I suppose)! That's really cool! I take you live in Portland, then? It may be off-topic, but I know I'd like to hear it.

*I'm not actually trying to minimize your Harlan Ellison story. I was just trying to make a joke at his expense, having had a couple of very brief encounters with him myself. I imagine that's also a really good story.

The Edge

First Post
Just wait till your player have a 'one of those' moments, eg forgeting the range of burning hands and toasting the thatched cottage their suposed to be saveing :heh: , oh god they can be hilarious at times. Cant wait to hear little tales of your own. :)

Remove ads