OOC - Shadows Descending

AmorFati

First Post
Darkness.
Light.
Balance never ending – or so it was believed.

The inhabitants of land of K’ruli’ana has ever believed that dragons are the true rulers of the world, the gods and goddesses. Although most of you have never seen dragons in life, you know they are out there, somewhere, keeping the balance.

Until now.

Rumours of a Shadow is burning in the streets of Mokmael, the capitol of K’ruli’ana, a rumour about the usurping of Light and Darkness. Someone, or something, is trying to topple the balance of the pantheon. The priests themselves have closed their mouths to anything about the Shadow, choosing to ignore the whole issue. The whole city is holding its breath, waiting for a public announcement, either from the priests or from the government.

--------------------------------------------------

And on to the crunch:

I want 4 players.
Starting at ECL 10.
32 point buy.
Max HP at first level, then 75% every level thereafter. For each point of LA you have, you get 1d8+Con hit points. These are not Hit Dice. They do not affect you in any other way aside from bonus hit points.
Gold: 50,000 gp. Custom made magic items are fine, as long as you run them by me first.
Creating magic items: Instead of using exp, you pay 50% more for the item. In effect making the item at 75% of its normal price, instead of 50%

I reserve the DM's right to veto anything.

I will choose the four characters sometime later this week when I feel I have a strong 4-man party, with interesting characters that will be fun to play. The characters personality is much more important than it's background, but feel free to make a short background as well.
I love original concepts, so feel free to try something new, something fun, something weird etc. And remember, you are all part of a dragon-centric civilization, keep this in mind when creating the character.

Books you can use:
Players Handbook
Dungeon Masters Guide
Monsters Manual
Monsters Manual II
Monsters Manual III
The Complete Series.
The Races Series.
Draconomicon
Savage Species.
Expanded Psionics Handbook
Libris Mortis

Banned Stuff:
Half-templates; Half-Dragon, Half-Celestial etc.
Any Draconic races.
Draconic Language.

Last edited:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
AmorFati said:
Max HP at first level, then 75% every level thereafter. For each ECL you have, you get 1d8+Con hit points. These are not Hit Dice. They do not affect you in any other way aside from bonus hit points.

A Human Ftr-10 is ECL 10. Does he get 10d8 hit points, or 10d10+10d8, or just 10d10?

Do you mean for each point of LA, you get 1d8+Con hit points? Making LA races less fragile?

-Hyp.

AmorFati

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
A Human Ftr-10 is ECL 10. Does he get 10d8 hit points, or 10d10+10d8, or just 10d10?

Do you mean for each point of LA, you get 1d8+Con hit points? Making LA races less fragile?

-Hyp.

The later; the extra d8's are for each point of LA only.

Ferrix

Explorer
Looks interesting, I'll try to get something up tonight.

I'll ponder up something; either a rogue or a wizard, perhaps a combination of the two; or a straight up warrior type.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Ferrix said:
I'll ponder up something; either a rogue or a wizard, perhaps a combination of the two; or a straight up warrior type.

Or maybe something clerical?

Don't want to limit your options ;)

-Hyp.

Scotley

Hero
Looks like it could be interesting. I'll ponder my options and try to come up with something interesting. I need to go back and explore the books you are using.

Remove ads