[GRIM TALES] Wulf Ratbane's SLAVELORDS of CYDONIA

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Old One said:
[She wants to make in INT check (or other appropriate knowledge check) as to her best guess for a starting point in the valley floor]

If you wanted to be completely logical about it, you could start at the marsh and follow the river west. You don't really know how far west you'll have to search but the limits of your map (and Rawley's scribblings) seem reasonable.

On the other hand, heading down on the west side and tracking back towards the marsh keeps you out of the immediate danger of the marsh, but if you descend down at the wrong spot in the valley (that is, actually descend east of the temple) then you risk missing the temple entirely before you head towards the marsh.

Regardless, someone with the Track feat will be of great help, once down in the valley, in perhaps picking out old (or new?) trails that may give some clue of past (or present?) temple traffic.

Hjorimir

Adventurer
Wiping the sweat from his brow with the back of his arm, Bill shakes his head. “I think you’ve got the wrong impression of me, mam. I’m not cross with anybody. I reckon as long as we’re all being polite it will stay that way too.”

solomoncane

First Post
Hambrick closes his Bible, re-wraps it in its wax-coated protective cloth, and shoves it back into his saddlebag.
"All right--let me see what y'all got."
He looks at the journalist's drawing, the shard "map", the others' faces, and finally through his telescope.
"Lord, help me," he prays silently and also thinks "These aren't like the hills back home."
He turns to the others--"I say we take the west side. I don't like marshes and would prefer to ride as far as possible. We should be able to pick our way back through to that so-called temple."
[He will use appropriate Survival & Spot checks, Track feat, and aid if available to find the best route.]

ragboy

Explorer
"She doesn't know where we're going?" Rawley murmurs to his horse. He pulls off his hat and wipes his forehead with a dirty rag. "Hope there's a story at the end of this, Brindle."

(OOC: Sorry, Rawley has no skills in this area).

Last edited:

nakia

First Post
While everyone is stopped, Teddy sets his duffle down on the ground. He'll rumage through it a bit (you can see he brought his tools), then pull out a canteen and some jerky. He'll take a swig from the canteen then offer some to Brigitta.

"So, uh, which way are we headed?"

No skills in this area for me, either.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer

I'd like you all to use the dice server for these upcoming rolls. Use " [Your Name] Enters the Valley" as your subject line, and mail me just the d20 roll (no modifiers).

In the box that says, "The entire roll can be repeated, how many times?" select "2." The first roll will be your Ride or Handle Animal check (if you have a horse); the second roll will be your Spot check.

http://www.irony.com/mailroll.html

If you don't have a horse, you need only send me a single roll.

If you have Survival, you need to send me a third d20 roll.

You might want to bookmark the dice server as I am bound to ask you to use it again.

Wulf

Old One

First Post
[rolled and sent]

Brigitta takes a deep breath, trying to still the rising sense of danger and possibility, and starts down into the valley.

~ OO

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Haskins was the first to begin the descent into the valley, sitting his horse confidently despite the dark, steep, and occasionally slippery path. His eyes scanned the canopy for danger.

Brigitta waited a moment to give Haskins and his horse enough room to maneuver, then she stepped after them. Like Haskins, her eyes were focused on the canopy-- though they dipped, distractedly, too often to her notes.

Last edited:

nakia

First Post
Rolled and sent (just one roll, for the Spot check)

Teddy deliberates for the moment between the shotgun and the bat, then decides that he can still club with the gun, but can't shoot with the bat. He puts the bat back in the duffel, throws the bag over his shoulder, and follows closely behind Brigitta.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases