[GRIM TALES] Wulf Ratbane's SLAVELORDS of CYDONIA

ragboy

Explorer
"Seems to me," T. Rawley says, "that if that cat is heading into the woods and we're following the river, we probably won't have a problem until it gets dark. Which direction was the cat headin'?"

solomoncane

First Post
Joshua says, "I'm not sure where that cat is, but I think its close. I've never seen a cat that could do this kind of thing.
To all of you I say fear not, for the the psalmist teaches 'Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.' David was brave and found favor with the Lord, but he also kept his sling handy..."
Joshua pulls one of his revolvers out of its holster. He loads a sixth round into the empty chamber that the hammer usually rests upon. He decides to hold the weapon with his hand as he rides.

Last edited:

ragboy

Explorer
solomoncane said:
Joshua says, "I'm not sure where that cat is, but I think its close. I've never seen a cat that could do this kind of thing.

T. Rawley spits smoke and flicks his cigarette into the river.

"So, aside from help from the Almighty and Mr. Colt: Do you know which way the cat was traveling? Is it traveling the same direction as us, or some other way?"

Old One

First Post
Brigitta

"Forewarned is forearmed, gentleman. Thanks to our scouts for noting the possible danger. Let us keep a watch on the underbrush, but push ahead before daylight completely fails us."

The thought of a giant jungle cat leaping out of the trees makes her distinctly uncomfortable. She slides her Webley from its holster and grips it tightly.

"Perhaps the horses will warn us of possible danger before it gets too close."

~ OO

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Old One said:

A ha. Trotting out the old, "My horse gets a Spot check, too!" defense.

Joshua studies the game trail for a moment; he's not eager to be the bearer of bad news.

"Unfortunately I think our path takes us towards the cat. Look here," he says, scuffing away a clump of moss with his boot. "Paving stone. Humans used this trail before the cat did."

Fenris

Adventurer
Old One said:
"Forewarned is forearmed, gentleman. Thanks to our scouts for noting the possible danger. Let us keep a watch on the underbrush, but push ahead before daylight completely fails us."

The thought of a giant jungle cat leaping out of the trees makes her distinctly uncomfortable. She slides her Webley from its holster and grips it tightly.

~ OO
Haskins:
"Pardon me, Ms. Nielson, but cats can climb and are fond of dropping onto their prey from trees. And since our specimen seems to be an awfully good jumper, I would be more worried about the canopy above us than the underbrush."

And with that, Haskins gives a hitch to his horse to follow Hambrick's lead, whisting the tune of "A Modern Major General"

ragboy

Explorer
T. Rawley shrugs, spits, and mounts up. Pulling the horse around in a tight circle, he falls in line with the others.

"Ma'am?" he asks Brigitta. "You want to ride Brindle? I can walk him for you if you're not used to horses."

To Haskins: "Hell, if that cat wants to take a chunk out of you, you ain't going to see him coming either way."

Last edited:

Old One

First Post
Brigitta

Fenris said:
Haskins:
"Pardon me, Ms. Nielson, but cats can climb and are fond of dropping onto their prey from trees. And since our specimen seems to be an awfully good jumper, I would be more worried about the canopy above us than the underbrush."

And with that, Haskins gives a hitch to his horse to follow Hambrick's lead, whisting the tune of "A Modern Major General"

Brigitta turns even paler, if that is possible and shifts the heavy revolver a bit.

"These things are a bit outside of my experience...giant jumping cats and such. I trust your quick reflexes and trained wilderness sense to keep us out of danger. But do we detour to hunt down an unknown quantity or pursue our original goal?"

~ OO

Last edited:

Old One

First Post
Brigitta

ragboy said:
T. Rawley shrugs, spits, and mounts up. Pulling the horse around in a tight circle, he falls in line with the others.

"Ma'am?" he asks Brigitta. "You want to ride Brindle? I can walk him for you if you're not used to horses."

To Haskins: "Hell, if that cat wants to take a chunk out of you, you ain't going to see him coming either way."

Brigitta favors Rawley with a wane, but geniune, smile.

"I have some experience with equines, Mr. Sutton, although said experience does not extend to your frontier-type saddles. However, I would prefer to keep my feet firmly on the ground for the time being."

She leaves unsaid her thought that the horses might be the first target of a big predator. She glances around for Teddy and falls in next to his reassuring bulk.

Remove ads